Honda TRX300FW Clutch Kit

jaredvh

Reaction score
I have a 1992 TRX 300 4x4 and I want to install a clutch kit. Anybody ever install one of these? Is it hard to do? Any tips anybody can offer or tricks to make it easier? THANKS

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are mechanically inclined you should be ok with just following the instructions. Did you get my pm on the clutch kits? Dan

weldor

Reaction score
I installed the Highlifter/EPI kit on my 04 350 4x4. It was kind of a pain, but I was able to do it with some help (a extra set of hands is nice). I'm betting that on you 300 it will be easier since you don't have Honda's sideways mounted engine like the 350, 400, 450, and 500's do. On mine it said to use a special puller and remove the sprag clutch and install the springs onto the sprag clutch on the bench. I ended up installing the springs while still in the machine. It will probably be easier on yours because you will be working beside the machine and not under the front fender.

jaredvh

Reaction score
If you are mechanically inclined you should be ok with just following the instructions. Did you get my pm on the clutch kits? Dan

Yes I got your message. If it's simple enough, which it sounds like it might be, I will install it myself. If I decide that I don't feel like doing it myself or if somebody says it's hard then I'll give you a shout. THANKS :)

Top Bottom