gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yammy 2400 is awesome runs air conditioning etc where my buddies Hondas cant

Sent from my Note2

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Us Honda models can be connected together with a parallel cable 2-2000 watts together only need to pack one unless you know you need ac +the are only 930 bucks each in the usa

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Us Honda models can be connected together with a parallel cable 2-2000 watts together only need to pack one unless you know you need ac +the are only 930 bucks each in the usa
You can parellel with yammy's as well.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sooo beware of the ones "just like" honda.. I had my arse reamed out from a lady who bought a "honda like" generator. the sales man said oh ya.. easy to get parts.. so she came and asked me.. she couldn't understand why after only 2 months her generator wasn't working, and why I didn't have parts for it.. "but it looks just like that one".. ya.. close but no cigar.. or parts..

Thank you PowderStew!! let me know.. :)
that is the biggest difference between honda, yamaha, and the clones. with the first two, you won't need parts in 2 months...lol. when I bought my 3000 honda the dealer hands me a bag with manual and a special 10" long spark plug wrench and says "put these in a safe place, because in 10 years when you need to change the plug you will need this wrench..."

Last edited:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
that is the biggest difference between honda, yamaha, and the clones. with the first two, you won't need parts in 2 months...lol. when I bought my 3000 honda the dealer hands me a bag with manual and a special 10" long spark plug wrench and says "put these in a safe place, because in 10 years when you need to change the plug you will need this wrench..."
haha true story. I've had my 3200ie for around 6 years. I have no idea where my big ol spark plug wrench got to. Might have to borrow yours if I ever need one.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like Tyler said I went with the Yamaha 2000. Looked at a no name type but after 3 different generators from 1 store we could not get them to start. Their price was good but if they wont start in the showroom what will they do when your camping, hunting or trail work. I just wish I had gotten the 2400 Yamaha for the extra power output. Need A/C somedays for the dogs

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want "suitcase" portability, you would have to stick to the 1000 or 2000 Honda / Yamaha. The 2400i isn't "suitcase" carry-able, but it's a lot easier to muscle around than the 3000 Honda (which is a GREAT genny BTW). I think it is 70ish lbs.

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Boily 3600SIE for sale if anyones interested.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want "suitcase" portability, you would have to stick to the 1000 or 2000 Honda / Yamaha. The 2400i isn't "suitcase" carry-able, but it's a lot easier to muscle around than the 3000 Honda (which is a GREAT genny BTW). I think it is 70ish lbs.
that is the only "complaint" I have with the 3000 honda. I think I read it's 130+ lbs. it's a good grunt to get it onto the tailgate of my truck by myself

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is the only "complaint" I have with the 3000 honda. I think I read it's 130+ lbs. it's a good grunt to get it onto the tailgate of my truck by myself
Atleast you have gravity on your side getting it out, getting it in is a different story ..................

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yup exactly.. It's easier.. we had a Honda EU 3000 for the winter.. was awesome.. I could use it to run my washing machine or a heat gun if we were working. The 2400 is more portable, and gives you that little extra oomph. but not as much bulk as a 3000 and would be much more compact than a 3000 as well for stuff like camping.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My parents bought a new Honda 3000 last summer and its an amazing little genset. It runs everything in the trailer and then some. It is a little bulky but the cord from the trailer reaches the back of the truck so it's all good. Plus it's a bit of a theft deterrent. Although I still chain it to the truck.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Gunna throw another one into the hat.... You can get a boliy with electric start and remote start for 1899$ and u have heard great things.... We had a non e-start at work and was a great little unit

m1000db

Reaction score
I bought the Honda 3000ic.. I keep it in the back seat area of my duramax when we are not around the camp... at 80lbs it is really easy to lift in for locking it up. A little tabby at $2500.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gunna throw another one into the hat.... You can get a boliy with electric start and remote start for 1899$ and u have heard great things.... We had a non e-start at work and was a great little unit
I'll go the extra few bucks and buy the Jap machine every time. Time proven.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
The boliy we have at work as pulled 3-4 good years of hard construction hours and is still running as far as I know. I would give another a shot there are a few rv dealers in Edmonton that carry them and back them

Top Bottom