Home made snorkel?

AC4life

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has done a home made snorkel system for their bike? If there are any things that a guy should watch out for, or if there are any pointers that will help me out while doing it. I will be doing it on a 2008 King Quad. Any suggestions or pointers would be great!

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
made my rear clutch snorkel. its ok to use PVC bends but try and use soft rad hose or something for when your moving it threw under the body and what not.
also make it removable no permanent pieces because when you need to work on it its gonna be a pain otherwise.

Reaction score
i have made one but watch out for unsealed bends and such because even with a little leak it will collapse under pressure.i know from expierience.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
made my rear clutch snorkel. its ok to use PVC bends but try and use soft rad hose or something for when your moving it threw under the body and what not.
also make it removable no permanent pieces because when you need to work on it its gonna be a pain otherwise.
i can't agree more. Try and get into two main peices and then if you need to work on it you don't need a diagram and a blow torch to get it apart of the trail.

Last edited by a moderator:

AC4life

Reaction score
For the clutch exhaust snorkel its not as important to make is easy to dismantle in my opinion...but for the exhaust intake and airbox its a must. With the intake and airbox snorkel there is a lot better chance that you will need to work around it in the future..

SQUIRTIS

Reaction score
Make sure you use the biggest diameter pipe as possible....if 2inch will fit, then use it.
My cvt exhaust snorkel comes apart in three pieces, and the other two is only in one piece. I am glad I did a three piece on the exhaust for the same reason u guys are talking about...but alot for when i do go over the snorkels (clutch ones that is) i just pop the exhaust side off right at the housing and it drains really quick.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i wonder if putting a p trap on it with some hose would work better then all you have to do is open a valve and it's drained

SQUIRTIS

Reaction score
i wonder if putting a p trap on it with some hose would work better then all you have to do is open a valve and it's drained

If u have the space, sure, why not.....but just poping the 2 inch pipe apart would be pretty quick....actually never thought about using a P trap hmmmm

feyd

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has done a home made snorkel system for their bike? If there are any things that a guy should watch out for, or if there are any pointers that will help me out while doing it. I will be doing it on a 2008 King Quad. Any suggestions or pointers would be great!

CVT
IMG_3522.jpg

air intake
IMG_3523.jpg

rear cvt follows just above the exhaust pipe
IMG_3509.jpg

IMG_3508.jpg

feyd

Reaction score
air intake 2" ABS to throttle body, then 2" to 1.5" rubber reducer that clamps right onto the TB. There is a P-trap on there to add height and a drain just in case.
IMG_3514.jpg

IMG_3518.jpg

IMG_3517.jpg

IMG_3515.jpg

feyd

Reaction score
what it looks like all done....the air filter opens to the top and has a hard plastic case around so no trees etc will puncture it. I then used a K&N drycharger to put over the entire filter to stop big chunks of mud and also water splashes from getting to the filter.

IMG_3731.jpg

IMG_3733.jpg

IMG_3735.jpg

Top Bottom