HID headlight kits

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found a place that has HID kits for just about any application and they seem pretty easy to install. Has anyone here installed an HID kit on their sled and if so, where did you connect the + wire if yours doesn't have a battery?

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They don't work if you don't have a battery. Better off buying some PIAA off road lights although their warranty sucks. Some Silverstar's from crappy tire are alright too, 12 months warranty on them.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah if you want more light why donèt you just use the skidoo LED's? Plug and play.

Or what we do here is; run helmet lights for night riding. You can get some super bright LED's.

Ski-Doo-Auxiliary-Lighting-0927.jpg

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found a place that has HID kits for just about any application and they seem pretty easy to install. Has anyone here installed an HID kit on their sled and if so, where did you connect the + wire if yours doesn't have a battery?

I had halogen low beams with hid hi beams piggy backed. I had to slightly enlarge the light bucket holes to fit them in. I 3M'd the ballasts in between the buckets. It was a plug and play, really easy and they worked great. I was looking into led's for my snow check, but I've heard that they don't penetrate well in a snowstorm or fog. I think I'll stick with the hid' again, and I ordered the auxiliary led bar for under the headlights ( I do like to see at night)
As mentioned before,my our need to have a battery for the hid's
If your up in AK , here is the name of an outfit that one of the mods from another forum sent me to try , he uses them quite a bit, by the sound of things.
AK LED Industries
They can answer any questions that you have.
Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad

Last edited:

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had no idea that they needed a battery to work. I sent a message off to that company and asked them a few questions about their kits, still waiting on a response. I've thought about adding a Lead Dog helmet light and may still do that if this HID thing doesn't pan out. As for the Ski Doo LED light accessory, my buddy has one on his 2013 and the beam doesn't seem to project too far out though it does light everything up right in front of the sled. LED's are nice, I've got a 20" light bar on my Rhino and when I turn that thing on it turns night into day.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Frankensled makes a helmet light that works great. Utilities a go pro mount, so you can mount it anywhere. Also dubs as a nice utility flashlight for your truck or trail repairs. Has 3 different light settings

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have and have been using for the last five or six years a Cyclops HID helmet light:
This light is extremely bright and well built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have and have been using for the last five or six years a Cyclops HID helmet light:
This light is extremely bright and well built.

Best thing on a helmet light is u can see where u look or where u want to go, over the sleds lights

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best thing on a helmet light is u can see where u look or where u want to go, over the sleds lights

So very true!
We ride at night quite a bit and when we do I get elected leader of the pack every time.
It makes finding our way out very easy.
I also use where my headlights were for cold air intake to feed the blowdryer so no lights on my sled!

jetpuff77

Reaction score
There are HID kits available that plug and play with little modification, no battery or wire harness/relay needed for the XM. I have a set for my sled, it is HID low beam and Halogen/HID for high beam, super bright

bought them from here:

local company decent to deal with.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't know he had them, we deal with Big Mike's at work. Good guy to deal with for sure. He stands behind his product.
I'll have t give him a shout.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it appears that you guys were correct, the HID's I was looking at won't work without a battery. Looks like I'll be getting a Lead Dog headlight before next season.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it appears that you guys were correct, the HID's I was looking at won't work without a battery. Looks like I'll be getting a Lead Dog headlight before next season.
No matter how much light ur sled puts out, if it's covered in snow or ur getting face pow shots there useless

Where a extra helmet light is up and away from it and u can see with it Allways

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No matter how much light ur sled puts out, if it's covered in snow or ur getting face pow shots there useless

Where a extra helmet light is up and away from it and u can see with it All ways

I agree, being able to see where you're looking is a huge plus.

Thistledoo

Reaction score
I tried LED in my XM and my 2012 duramax. On the sled they don't make any heat and my light froze up very quickly so I removed them and sent em back. On my truck one burnt out
with in 3 months so I wasnt impressed...sent them back to cyclops adventure and got the run around...so don't buy from them!

Top Bottom