Votes: 61 95.3%
  • 20% OF THE TIME

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • ONLY WHEN TOLD TO

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
G

greg

How Many Of Us Wear Helmets I WEAR 1 ALL THE TIME ACCEPT WHEN HUNTING SCOPE DONT FIT IN THE HELMET BY TIME YOU GET GUN OUT & HELMET OFF &GLOVES DEER IS GONE.

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I wear a helmet almost all the time, unless I'm loading up onto the trailer, or am up at the lake without my helmet with me on my uncles quads. There is no option on your poll suited to me, so I did not vote.

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gotta wear the protective gear, don't wanna hurt the brain bucket

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How Many Of Us Wear Helmets I WEAR 1 ALL THE TIME ACCEPT WHEN HUNTING SCOPE DONT FIT IN THE HELMET BY TIME YOU GET GUN OUT & HELMET OFF &GLOVES DEER IS GONE.

get a open face helmet then

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
This may pizz a few off but I believe people that do not wear a helmet are INEXPERIENCED riders. If your one of the many that have put on over 6000 Km's a year on a quad, sled or dirtbike then I'll almost garantee they all wear a helmet. After seeing and knowing what I know there is no way in He!! I would not be caught with out one. Having said that, I won't lie, I have been chicken huntin' on the rhino with no helmet while driving SLOW.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear a helmet almost all the time, unless I'm loading up onto the trailer, or am up at the lake without my helmet with me on my uncles quads. There is no option on your poll suited to me, so I did not vote.
This satement of wearing one when loading and unloading is a tuff one. I know I do not. However one problably should . How many threads have been on here now of ramps braking or throttle sticking and people getting injured loading and unloading. I know when I used to have a sled deck and drive up and down it was a little nerve racking. I had 2 incidents of boucning off the ramp where I manage to escape with out injuries. After the 2nd one I gave up driving them up and just winched. Took longer but was safer in the long run.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no helmet no brain... a broken arm can heal, a broken leg can heal, a broken head............not so much..

going without a helmet would be about as smart as running naked threw a bunch of thornbushes and posion ivy and then sitting on a hornets nest......just my opinion....

T

KH2110

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I appologize for posting in this thread without putting a JUST Kidding after my post......I don't really think you all are a bunch of retards..........Just Bucky!!!! JK......LOL.....lmao

some people just need to relax a bit.....I just thought it was funny when I read the poll and it just says how many wear their helmets all the time.......Only people I ever see wearing helmets around town are mentally challenged..

calm the frig down....its just the internet and your life will not end because someone is joking around!!!!!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Not as funny as you might think, nearly lost my son a few years back - 1.5 weeks before Christmas - he crashed while snowboarding, there was a brain surgeon on the hill (just luck I guess) who managed the situation. The only thing that saved him was his helmet...split it wide open. They told us right up front there was an extremely high chance of brain damage or worse. Many x-rays and scans later they determined there was bleeding and held him in the childrens hospital for a few days. He suffered from major headaches and dizzy spells for a long time...we got very lucky that day.
Again, the only thing that kept him out of the Morgue or a vegetable state was his helmet.

To me, no joking matter.

:twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :)

wish i wouldn't have missed this post..............:(

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I wear a helmet all the time .............. the only time I do not is when I'm hunting and then I am driving slow!! :)

Twisted Boost

Biggest Poster
Reaction score
Not as funny as you might think, nearly lost my son a few years back - 1.5 weeks before Christmas - he crashed while snowboarding, there was a brain surgeon on the hill (just luck I guess) who managed the situation. The only thing that saved him was his helmet...split it wide open. They told us right up front there was an extremely high chance of brain damage or worse. Many x-rays and scans later they determined there was bleeding and held him in the childrens hospital for a few days. He suffered from major headaches and dizzy spells for a long time...we got very lucky that day.
Again, the only thing that kept him out of the Morgue or a vegetable state was his helmet.

To me, no joking matter.

Curtis your right and I'm sorry to hear about your son...(Glad he is doing well) no one leaves with me without one so in that being said no HELMET NO GO... and just to clarify I was not talking about helmets.. Just Kent ... I almost lost my life on a motorcycle ride when I was 15 (No Helmet) Skull fracture $9000.00 helicopter ride to Spokane... Not Good I was very Lucky and hated to see my parents go through that.. So again sorry Curtis...:(

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
No apology required, just stating my thoughts. Been there too, crashed my street bike and helmet took a beating but shoulder lost - Broke it - 8 weeks of wife driving...lol...
Curtis your right and I'm sorry to hear about your son...(Glad he is doing well) no one leaves with me without one so in that being said no HELMET NO GO... and just to clarify I was not talking about helmets.. Just Kent ... I almost lost my life on a motorcycle ride when I was 15 (No Helmet) Skull fracture $9000.00 helicopter ride to Spokane... Not Good I was very Lucky and hated to see my parents go through that.. So again sorry Curtis...:(

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been caught without my helmut while riding the RZR. Sled never without. Have six helmuts hanging in my garage, 2 for the quad, 2 for sled, one for nite rescues and one for really cold riding.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
And that isn't all, from what I remember yo can pretty much fully outfit another rider to head into the mtn's with just all the odds and ends you've collected.

I have been caught without my helmut while riding the RZR. Sled never without. Have six helmuts hanging in my garage, 2 for the quad, 2 for sled, one for nite rescues and one for really cold riding.

KH2110

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

To me, no joking matter.

those that know me know that wearing a helmet while riding is no laughing matter as well........I keep the klim visor on my desk as little momento of why I'm still here....but, I honestly don't know how to answer the poll?????

do I always ride with a helmet? YES.....and so do those I'm with. Do I always wear a helmet.....hell NO!!! that would be stupid

Just sayin:beer:

S

sldgy

snowmobile=yes
harley=only if the state I'm riding in requires such a ridiculous thing
bicycle=not a chance in he!!

94fordguy

Riding the quad or sled, heck ya I got a helmet on... a rock or tree aren't gonna care how cool or ignorant you are... accidents can happen in the blink of an eye.:eek:

Top Bottom