Hell Half Acre Debate

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Load the quads(& sleds) up and head to the toolies,NOT residential subdivisions..............lol. For all the guys who rip around subdivisions ,you will be the ones to thank when it is all shut down.................
Out of sight,out of mind !!!!

Exactly.
If the province was qaud/ohv unfriendly as someone said earlier then they would actually enforce the laws that are out there and we wouldn't have this issue at all.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with rzr gade but the boonies are almost gone too. Within 5 yrs the trunk road from one end to the other will have a ban on free camping. So the greenies say. They may leave some marked trails if we're lucky the odd puddle to rip through. Down south in ab mostly closed. All the pressure will swing into other less known areas due to the Internet and people taking friends out. Not to mention the population explosion in ab brings more and more atv's. All I can say is I'm glad I'm not a teen who loves the back country because the only way to enjoy that in the future will be on a bicycle. But till that happens I will try to make my ruts in the bush

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wish Alberta had something similar to the province of quebec, in the winter the farmers allow's quad and sleds in their field they are marked and they seem to have a really good trails system.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wish Alberta had something similar to the province of quebec, in the winter the farmers allow's quad and sleds in their field they are marked and they seem to have a really good trails system.

Yes but in Quebec guys stay on the trails more. And obey the club rules. Alberta not so much. Hard enough to get most guys to even buy a pass.
Ontario used to have more trail than Quebec then off trail riding and cutting fences etc started this they lost a lot of trail as landowners don't want that crap. Same thing happening here clubs fight everyday to keep areas open but when guys cut fences to ride the untracked stuff land owners get pissed trail gets closed nuff said

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those frigging folk's cutting fence's, they give us all quadders a bad rep , not really happy about that

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes but in Quebec guys stay on the trails more. And obey the club rules. Alberta not so much. Hard enough to get most guys to even buy a pass.
Ontario used to have more trail than Quebec then off trail riding and cutting fences etc started this they lost a lot of trail as landowners don't want that crap. Same thing happening here clubs fight everyday to keep areas open but when guys cut fences to ride the untracked stuff land owners get pissed trail gets closed nuff said

Those frigging folk's cutting fence's, they give us all quadders a bad rep , not really happy about that

Not just quadders.... OHV usage period will suffer in this province if people do not wise up..... Sure its fun to mud and play but to rip the absolute chit out of every hole, just because its there is unacceptable.

chop

Reaction score
hay tyler, have you heard anything more from the overlanders club .

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a membership form at home and FtGuy is going to be starting a facebook page, AND we will have a website soon. Also they will be in attendance at the AOHVA booth at the boat and sportsmen show.

I'll try to remember to bring the form with me tomorrow to scan and attach on here.

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So reading the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/StopHellsHalfAcreDevelopment?ref=stream looks like the proposed staging area was rejected? There was a post on the facebook page saying so.

"WE WON! Parkland County has said no to the proposed stagging area known as Hells Half Acre and wants to work with residents to put restrictions in place on OHV use in the area. Awesome news!"

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So reading the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/StopHellsHalfAcreDevelopment?ref=stream looks like the proposed staging area was rejected? There was a post on the facebook page saying so.

"WE WON! Parkland County has said no to the proposed stagging area known as Hells Half Acre and wants to work with residents to put restrictions in place on OHV use in the area. Awesome news!"

Real awesome news. Not! Lets push the atv riders into a different area and then slowly close areas throughout the province . Responsible use not closure is what I consider a win.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The few bad apples whom are probably not a member on any OHV type of site have wrecked it for the many....after reading through some of the posts by others in other HHA threads, things are only going to get worse. As some guys who are members here have stated they are going to HHA just out of spite....Sorry but that is just not right! Maybe it's time we as OHV enthusiasts be responsible and say enough is enough, and go somewhere else instead of fighting and bickering!

I have never been to HHA, and reading through some threads on here....doesn't sound like a welcoming nor agreeable place to go!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
HHA is NOT closed, however accesses are being changed, and its being monitored. DO NOT go in from Canterbury Estates side, as that is where these issues are stemming from.

You can call Parkland County and get official information on the area from them.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
I have never been to HHA, and reading through some threads on here....doesn't sound like a welcoming nor agreeable place to go!

I've never been either and gotta agree that it doesn't sound like a fun place to go anyways. For the time it takes me to load up and go there to ride on a half section of abused land isn't worth it. I can go north instead, hit crown land and find places that few have rode and be lucky if I see another group all day other than the buds I went with. I like to carry extra fuel, cover up to a hundred k's and never ride the same track.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The few bad apples whom are probably not a member on any OHV type of site have wrecked it for the many....after reading through some of the posts by others in other HHA threads, things are only going to get worse. As some guys who are members here have stated they are going to HHA just out of spite....Sorry but that is just not right! Maybe it's time we as OHV enthusiasts be responsible and say enough is enough, and go somewhere else instead of fighting and bickering!

I'm nor going in spite..

Just to see what all the fuss is about.

Mabe see a few locals and they can see we are all not bad apples.

sent from my I phone azz kicking HTC

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I know that you guys on this thread fall into the few trying very hard, but I don't see it as just a few bad apples, there's more than just "1%ers" in this sport - Quadding will become a dying sport as its users continue to disregard rules and any sort of sustainable approach. Just because it CAN go there, doesn't mean you SHOULD be there. It will be regulated to smaller and smaller areas to avoid the rampant, "I'm free to do what I want and go anywhere I want" attitude. Going west of Calgary is clear evidence of that, just as it is near Edmonton. Fences cut, private and public land destroyed, fish bearing creeks dammed to create mudholes, fire pits and broken bottles, garbage, on and on.... Gets worse each time I go out there. They cut the fence, the landowner blocks the trail, so they just cut some trees and go around the blockage and trespass even more. All the time wondering why joe public wants to regulate them.........This is the work of more than 1% of the users.

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After all this being said, the long and short is if for example HHA gets shut down nothing will change. The same demographic that goes out, trespasses, cuts fences, litters a la cart will still go there. I highly doubt any amount of law enforcement will curtail this sort of activity, they neither have the time or resources. Contrary to popular belief much like any other business they have budgetatary constraints. And their time will be spent keeping the peace where larger numbers of enthusiasts can ride legally.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I've never been either and gotta agree that it doesn't sound like a fun place to go anyways. For the time it takes me to load up and go there to ride on a half section of abused land isn't worth it. I can go north instead, hit crown land and find places that few have rode and be lucky if I see another group all day other than the buds I went with. I like to carry extra fuel, cover up to a hundred k's and never ride the same track.

I agree with you. I don't live that far from HHA but have zero interest in going there. We live in a subdivision and we would not want a bunch of quads ripping up the bush that close to where we live. I don' t blame the landowners in that area for putting up with all this noise and litter and whatever else goes on there . We moved out to the country for some peace and quiet. Like you Northern Bear, we haul extra gas and spend all day on the trails, exploring and see where they lead to and pretty rare to run into others on the trail.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would bet if you did demographic research on the HHA riders it would be the 16-30 crowd. looking for somewhere close to go and rip around or party

Top Bottom