Head Phones and Helmets

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who rides with with music? Either on Sled Bike Quad. What are your feelings on this? Good plan or bad idea? I know there are guys with sounds systems on quads and UTV. But what about head phones?

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't use an ipod while dirt biking or sledding, i like to hear things just in case i hear a noise that just isn't right, my save the engine before coming apart. I do ride my snowboard with ipod and half the time it's turned off, hard to taslk to your friend without always fumbling to grab the ipod to hit pause. It definately would be an adrenaline run hitting a chute listening to some Rob Zombie.

HARDCORE

Reaction score
I don't use an ipod while dirt biking or sledding, i like to hear things just in case i hear a noise that just isn't right, my save the engine before coming apart. I do ride my snowboard with ipod and half the time it's turned off, hard to taslk to your friend without always fumbling to grab the ipod to hit pause. It definately would be an adrenaline run hitting a chute listening to some Rob Zombie.

x2 :beer: too risky not hearing your engine etc if your doing the heavy stuff while riding :)

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I finally bought an ipod, glad I did, listen to it when I sleep/workout/drive. I'll prob listen to it when i board, but prob not snowmobiling. I heard if you listen to really loud music, than do a sport, it affects your balance.

"When the vibrations are big enough, the inner hair cells translate them into electrical nerve impulses in the vestibulocochlear nerve (also called the auditory nerve, acoustic nerve, or eighth cranial nerve), which sends signals to the brain to be interpreted as sound. The vestibulocochlear nerve also helps with balance"

http://kidshealth.org/parent/medical/ears/ear_injuries.html#

How loud is loud tho?

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I listen to my Ipod when I ride my streetbike but not when I quad or sled. Three totally different riding styles and reasons to ride for me.

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the sound of my m1000 is music to my ears i dont think i could ride with earphones to anything other than that and also the fact that hearing what your engine is doing is probly a smarter way to ride anyway its not like your on a 2 hour cruise down the highway

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I always ride with an Ipod. I have NO problem hearing my engine over top of a good tune.If you can't hear your engine its either turned too Loud or your driving an electric mo-ped :eek: I use a Shuffle and load it with only about 30-40 good tunes so I'm not screwing with it on the trail. For me it feels weird not to have music while blasting down the trail.

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with 1 earplug in. I have no problems hearing the engine or track noise. Granted I don't have it blasting. Loud enough to hear but not deafening.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always ride with an Ipod. I have NO problem hearing my engine over top of a good tune.If you can't hear your engine its either turned too Loud or your driving an electric mo-ped :eek: I use a Shuffle and load it with only about 30-40 good tunes so I'm not screwing with it on the trail. For me it feels weird not to have music while blasting down the trail.

DITO !!!:d

RN

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tried it once. wont do it again just no desire for it, and im a youngin! lol just listen to some loud music with the subs pounding in my truck on the drive in and thats good enough for the day!

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I road with mine on last year on one trip it was awesome except when I wanted to talk to my buds that was a pain, as far as the engine goes I could hear it just fine. But when you got a good tune going it gets your adrenalin pumpin big time!!! :eek:

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt mind givin it a try, used to listen to tunes on my streetbike,,,loved it but i could never really get the ear phones to fit comfortably

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
i wouldnt mind givin it a try, used to listen to tunes on my streetbike,,,loved it but i could never really get the ear phones to fit comfortably

You have to buy the Earbuds that fit right inside your ear $29.95 from the Source. They come with about three different sizes of inserts. Once you fit them to your ear you will have no problem keeping them in under your helmet. I use the Buds with real short wires and I clip my Shuffle Ipod on outside of my jacket on my chest where it is easy to hit the big pause button if you need to talk to a buddy. I use the shuffle because its very simple to operate and extremely small. I have submerged the thing under water a few times with no problem. Along with mud, snow and any thing else you can throw at it... seems to hold up well and stays charged for days. :beer: :beer:

kjb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to buy the Earbuds that fit right inside your ear $29.95 from the Source. They come with about three different sizes of inserts. Once you fit them to your ear you will have no problem keeping them in under your helmet. I use the Buds with real short wires and I clip my Shuffle Ipod on outside of my jacket on my chest where it is easy to hit the big pause button if you need to talk to a buddy. I use the shuffle because its very simple to operate and extremely small. I have submerged the thing under water a few times with no problem. Along with mud, snow and any thing else you can throw at it... seems to hold up well and stays charged for days. :beer: :beer:
ya thats what i used, the skull candy ones. Just wasnt that comfortable, one would always be half out...need to get a helmet with it already integrated in there

Top Bottom