hauling Your Sleds

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 48 foot dry van which i was going to see if people would be interesdted in getting thier sleds hauled for them,just have to make a bigger sled party trip.Should hold 16 or more sleds.
Just an idea if anybody is interested

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure could haul a few sleds. Can definitely see problems turning it around at parking areas. have had problems with a 12 foot trailer let alone a rig that size, I suppose that if all you did was get to the larger staging areas you should be good.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Great idea but I have to agree with imdoo'n regrading turning around in parking lots.
Best set up I've seen to date is converted buss that will haul 8 sleds and riders. You sure look twice when you first see it.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I have a 48 foot dry van which i was going to see if people would be interesdted in getting thier sleds hauled for them,just have to make a bigger sled party trip.Should hold 16 or more sleds.
Just an idea if anybody is interested

Any plans for heading up to Stewart this season? I would much rather fly there than haul my sled :confused:

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great idea but I have to agree with imdoo'n regrading turning around in parking lots.
Best set up I've seen to date is converted buss that will haul 8 sleds and riders. You sure look twice when you first see it.

Hey SBR can you imagine that 48 footer up at Silent Pass. I was wondering how you were going to get turned around.:confused:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Yea Baby...video time for sure. Another disappointment would be Gorman...last time we were there it was difficult to turn around a truck with at deck let alone a "rig".
Hey SBR can you imagine that 48 footer up at Silent Pass. I was wondering how you were going to get turned around.:confused:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About the only time you could use something this big would be with plowed roads and good parking lot. I don't see any wat to get into Gorman ,Silent, Hope,Silvermines etc. Good idea but not practical

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I believe the bus you saw was owned by a guy in Vegreville.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hell yeah I'd be interested in a trip and as far as manuvering it at the staging areas that shouldn't be a problem if you drive like a man. never had a problem with our 30foot.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
30 ft is a lot shorter than 45ft. May not have a lot of problems at staging area but if you have to go up the trail to find snow to unload good luck driving like a man. I'd suggest big winch and lots of friends as turning a 12 ft trailer is impossible sometimes.

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a reafer van,pulled by my Kenworth just like cycles works did.
not a small trailer pulled by a pickup.just thought i could save some people some cash...:)

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good Idea it has its place and time. Mcbride areas will all work as well as Valemount just to mention a couple. Got chains. I went on a Rocky Mountain Tour trip and it was a good way for a large group to travel. Stewart in the spring is a good example of it working

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not dissing your idea, you'll just have to pick your loading sites. Some of the sites have limited turn arounds and parking. you should be able to get info on parking areas in advance, yes it could make it less driving, for everyone involved. With a little forethought it might work well.

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it would be nice if the higher member's would put on a gathering of such sort.
people are will to help out.If this was my web page i would be putting on gathering's to bring people together. hell im trying to help as it is.
and if anybody is interested in a big gathering i am will to haul the sleds up with my Kenwoth,i might ask enough for fuel but which still would be great and if some member had a bus they could borrow,my buddy might help us with the bus.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey TT we'll have to try to get that sledding/fishing/skating get together off the ground this winter. That -30 kind of wrecked it for us last year. We'll have the rink and ice shack out on Pine again.

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You betcha,but i hope more people will be interested in it too.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With some planning this idea is workable. However I remember one time I was at Boulder in Revy, and the Cycle Works rig showed up. The rig had to park in the staging area by the highway, but the edge of the snow was way up the mountain. Guys were paying for trucks and trailers to taxi their sleds up to the snow and back.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you picked your spot like valmount or mcbride i think it would be a great idea with fuel prices and all and if you could get enough people to go to cover all the costs it would probably be a great trip!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not something you'd plan first trip of the year or late spring, but no reason it wouldn't work for most of the season. Rocky Mountain Tours has been doing it for years.

Top Bottom