Hats in restaurants

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Somebody wearing a hat in the house doesn't bother me, but when they come tromping in with their shoes on....I sorta lose my cool. We had one meathead come to do some warranty work on our fridge, and the little pr1ck wouldn't take his boots off at the door....he said it was his right to keep them on. Long story short, we compromised...he took his his boots and I didn't knock him out.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Somebody wearing a hat in the house doesn't bother me, but when they come tromping in with their shoes on....I sorta lose my cool. We had one meathead come to do some warranty work on our fridge, and the little pr1ck wouldn't take his boots off at the door....he said it was his right to keep them on. Long story short, we compromised...he took his his boots and I didn't knock him out.
Those "repairman" types who need boots should have the pull-over booties if they want to tromp around in peoples houses....

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not taking your shoes off is wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My parents made me to take my hat off at the table. But they never taught me why, as far as I can tell it's ridiculous. My hats as clean as my shirt. I don't take my hat off for anything unless I choose to, I'm not adapting to someone else's beliefs at their home and I wouldn't expect them to adapt to mine at my house. If that's the case I'd just go home and eat.
Maybe I think it's disrespectful to eat with pants on. What.. my chairs aren't clean enough for your bare ass?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My parents made me to take my hat off at the table. But they never taught me why, as far as I can tell it's ridiculous. My hats as clean as my shirt. I don't take my hat off for anything unless I choose to, I'm not adapting to someone else's beliefs at their home and I wouldn't expect them to adapt to mine at my house. If that's the case I'd just go home and eat.
Maybe I think it's disrespectful to eat with pants on. What.. my chairs aren't clean enough for your bare ass?

gates559...this is not directed specifically at you.....

I find it ironic how it is accepted not to dare to wear a hat in the dining room of a work camp....A WORK CAMP......but yet when asked to remove a hat at someone's house or a restaurant, so many guys stand their ground and pound their chest stating its their right to wear it....:dunno:...lol

If it is wrong at a work camp....A WORK CAMP FFS.....why would you think its ok at someone's house or in a restaurant???

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shoes or boots in a house is a big no no with me.
I cant believe thats a thing at all. nothing like foot prints all over the fing floor. or better yet mud/rocks scratching the hardwood , i might come unglued if someone did that in my house.

Hats i dont care , growing up i also used to get told by all my elders especially my grandparents if i got caught wearing a hat at the table especially.

Same with coats on in doors i dont care but i think its odd.

Anyhow its pretty much what you would expect from millennials though. anything that has nonsensical meanings really is worthless to millennials, essentially people are just more tolerant now if there is no negative effect to something people tolerate it.

Those people are now the parents of kids so its just going to get more and more.

Although boots in the house is still stupid mainly because it messes floors up , i would literally hear no end if i wore my shoes or boots in house growing up and i would do the same so somethings do have meaning past respect.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you take your hats off for the national anthem?
At a funeral ?
In a church ?
At a wedding ?
When an rcmp officer tells you to?
I wear a hat when I'm too lazy to comb my hair lol

I guess you got me on all those, yup I do. Except church, I don't go there and I have never been asked by an RCMP, if I was it better be a good reason.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At a funeral ?
In a church ?
At a wedding ?

I would but with the education the kids now a days are given i doubt they would feel there is a reason.
they dont even require phys ed anymore in school.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
My mother had the no shirt no hat rule at her table. We respected it even though we were never given a reason.I give a fawk if you want to wear a hat. Dirty coveralls though.....that's kinda gross.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At a funeral ?
In a church ?
At a wedding ?

You missed a really important one. How about your local legion?

Taking your hat off When entering a building was a matter of respect.

Most households said grace before eating, so no hats at the table.

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the exception of maybe the mall hats are off, especially at the table.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You missed a really important one. How about your local legion?

Taking your hat off When entering a building was a matter of respect.

Most households said grace before eating, so no hats at the table.

Sorry that one is sacred, in honor of our vets !!! I didn't think it needed posting. Besides you have to pay a fine and leave if you don't remove it in a Legion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom