handling problems

Flange

Reaction score
wondering well hope'n somebody out there will be able to help me out with this

i ride an 07 800xrs 151 and i've always had a bit of trouble laying it over and side hilling i always thought it was just me and i needed to improve on my skills some more all my riding buddies were always telling me i need to commit more or pull it over harder its something that has drove me nuts to no end but i figured sooner or later it would all come together but while out riding today i swapped sleds with one of my buddies (one who has been riding for over 10 years ) with in 10 min of switching i realized that it is not me at all i was flipping his ride from side to side damn near dragging my shoulder through the snow i then tryed side hilling and found i was able to make the sled do exactly what i want with little or no effort at the same time my buddy was flopping around like a beginner on my sled he then came over and appologized for all the times he gave me @#$% for getting suck or having to take the long way across a side hill

so im wondering if anyone out there can help me out with some ideas as to how to get my sled set up better because i know its not that my sled is no good its gotta just be the way its set up just for the record its a stock xrs with a set of pro taper bars

any suggestions would be so greatly appretiated all i can think about is how to make my sled ride like i now know it should thanks in advance Flange

Last edited by a moderator:

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is your buddy`s sled the same as yours? Do you have the sway bar in place? I remove mine and it leans over alot easier. Makes the trail cornering alittle harder. What is your front shock set at? If you soften them up it should be easier to lean over and sidehill. What is your ski stance at...if its wider it will be harder to lean over than if its closer together. What kind of skis do you have? I rode with simmons on some of my sleds and notice getting it to sidehill and lean over was a little harder but I got use to it. Just a few things to check.

Flange

Reaction score
his sled is very similar summit 800 just not xrs and its a 159 my sway bar is in and my front shocks are on the soft side of the 1/2 way piont my ski's and position are the way they came stock

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull the linkage out of your sway bar and leave your front shock setting where it is at now. This makes a huge difference for sidehilling and still not bad on the trail, just don't try your first corner at 60MPH. Make sure your skis are on the narrow setting. I left my sway bar in place, 3 wraps of elec. tape inside of mounting brackets to keep it tight and just took out the short linkage.

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:)If all these suggestions arent enough,then all you got left is to drop your track down all the way in the front,,thus takes weight off the front end,,,:D

Last edited by a moderator:

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How high are your bars? Higher bars will make a sled a lot easier to pull over as well. If your buddies sled has bars that were quite a bit higher than yours, that will make if feel a lot different.

Flange

Reaction score
i have the stock riser which on the xrs is pretty high plus i have the pro taper kx mini bars which is about 3 to 4 inches higher than stock i have taken the linkage out from my sway bar and am going out tomorrow so ill be able to try it out then and see how it works

just want to thank everyone for the input and any other suggestions would be great ill post after my ride tomorrow thanks again happy new year everyone

Flange

Reaction score
so i got out for a ride yeasterday my first chance to try my sled without the sway bar but it wasnt the best day to really put it to the test because the snow had set up and was really hard packed for the most part but it gave me a chance to rip around a bit and i can say it is better than it was thats for sure lol my sled feels like a completely different ride i liked it on the trails and i had the chance to climb a few hills and side hill a few small packed ridges but for the most part it was a pretty layed back day we spent more time in the cabin than we did on the hill i am headding out again tomorrow so ill hopefully be able to put it to the test for real ill post again after and hopefully ill have some real results to report

Top Bottom