half ton legal to install a sled deck on???

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know u can with just one sled but the question im hopin that someone can answer is what would it take to make a titan half ton road legal to have a sled deck, or if its even doable?

would putting some more leaf springs, air bags and maybe new lifted suspension do?

was trying to avoid buyin a new rig,,,but am gonna start using the truck for work and gotta put a slip tank in and would like to get a deck for the quad/dirtbike and sleds,

lemme know ur guys opinions, thx

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know u can with just one sled but the question im hopin that someone can answer is what would it take to make a titan half ton road legal to have a sled deck, or if its even doable?

would putting some more leaf springs, air bags and maybe new lifted suspension do?

was trying to avoid buyin a new rig,,,but am gonna start using the truck for work and gotta put a slip tank in and would like to get a deck for the quad/dirtbike and sleds,

lemme know ur guys opinions, thx

I'm guessing that it would be overweight legally.......however I do have a buddy who has a deck in his tundra with bags and he sometimes hauls 2 sleds. Truck seems to handle it ok but I wouldn't want to get pulled over I don't think.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably not legal but I see it all the time hete in BC.Air bags would be a must though.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no matter what way you look at it or how much money you throw at it you will only be able to haul one sled or one quad. probly 2 bikes though. can get those cool brackets so they stand right up.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
what year is your titan, i heard the 2012's have a 2020lb pay load......with a light enough deck the 2012 you may have a chance, but it would be cutting close with people gear and deck, any model year before that no dice on making it legal my friend, my 2007 with a single deck, one sled, 2 people, gear , full gas tank and a trailer loaded tail heavy was over payload by 200lbs. no doubt at all the truck can do it but by the legal gvrw you wont make it.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahh $hit ireally wanted to go the deck route without upgrading the truck and figured beefin up the suspension id be able to get away with it,,,what about beefin the suspension aaand the brakes??? what is it that the 250's or 2500's have extra that u couldnt do to a half ton to make it work? well might have to rethink the whole deal then,,,,and ya its an 07 plio

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahh $hit ireally wanted to go the deck route without upgrading the truck and figured beefin up the suspension id be able to get away with it,,,what about beefin the suspension aaand the brakes??? what is it that the 250's or 2500's have extra that u couldnt do to a half ton to make it work? well might have to rethink the whole deal then,,,,and ya its an 07 plio

you can make a 1500 a 2500 no problem. but it still doesnt LEGALLY change the rating on the truck. which is the whole issue. i also beleive the 2500/3500 trucks have heavy duty axels and beefier frames to handle the extra load.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
like said above, you can add what every you want but it will never change that little sticker on the inside of your door, and a heads up for you from experience, the 07's have week axels. they have a "service bullitin" out that if the axel seals start to leak they axels have to be changed out...not a recall but a "service advisory" my only complaint about the truck so far is this issue, have had the seals done 3 times and now am facing having to change out the axels. so over loading isnt a great idea because once that seal goes once it will continue to go in about 4 month intervals untill you do the axels. bags, and extra leafs cant help ya there....

sorry man, maybe try a 2012 titan.....i know that will likely be my next

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahhh fak, thought i could get by somehow someway. Anyone lookin for an 07 titan se with 2" level, aftermarket nav dvd, k&n cai, tint and 33'' duratracs w approx 10k on em. 102000km? ;) lol,,,damn dot

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say 100% no in BC. A new Ford 1/2 ton is almost overloaded with 3 passengers and 4 suitcases in the back. Brakes are the issue is what a cop told me. Thus I drive a 1 ton.
I read this from albertains all the time ?I think what happens in Valemount ,revy and Mcbride, maybe a little diffrent then what happens in my area .I have hauled 2 sleds with a half ton, well sense I was 16. I haul a 28 foot 4 place trailer with my half ton van?My buddy hauls his 2010 T1200 4 stroker 174 AND a 07 xrs 174 WITH NO ISSUSE and he has gone threw a ton of road blocks, and its a ford half ton crew cab.Just saying .Not bad mouthing anybody just saying sounds like certain area have a hate on sledders.?

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmm interesting idea..... You know anyone with those kinda skills?
When I was looking at Doug's it was built by an outfit in Kamloops. I'm sure the PW himself will chime in lol.

Top Bottom