Grizzly 686 cluching?

weiner

Reaction score
just built a 686 running 27 swamp light pipe and chip whats a good cluch kit?:confused:

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with 27 swamplites dont bother you dont need a clutch kit.

the tires are not heavy / large enough to warrent one. you would prob lose performance doing it.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put one in mine several years ago on my '03 686 and lost performance, I wouldn't bother. It's been so long I can't remember which kit I put in.

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On mine I put in the EPI wet clutch springs (from the mudder kit), stock weights (16g I believe) and the orange spring. Worked real well. Lost a bit on top end but would still hang with the stock 700 Grizzlys.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like i said before it depends on the tires.

running a clutch setup when the tires dont need it just weakens your performance.

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like i said before it depends on the tires.

running a clutch setup when the tires dont need it just weakens your performance.

I agree! Mine was a happy medium for 26" Bugs and 28" Mudzilla's that I swapped back and forth. (Sorry, should have mentioned that before.)

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont think your gonna find a kit to suit your needs. most likely just peices of different ones that you will compile into one just for you. the way i see it once you get your wet clutch dialled in its like clutchin a sled: trial and error. time consuming but i think its worth the time. i just put the mudder kit ion my 03 griz and with the chip, pipe, and 27's its perfect! which is wierd cuz the kit is supposed to be for 28's and up so yeah.

Top Bottom