great deal on shovel

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya usually get what ya pay for.

My buddy just bought a shovel from Absolute Power in St Albert for $60. Another guy in our group got two of them from costco from his wife for Xmas
They were both Clearly the same shovel

Thegeneral[/QUOTE]

I have the ten dollar and the sixty dollar shovels. The only difference is the price. The quote "you usually get what you pay for" often does not apply at Costco!

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SOS held up to 2 days of diggin for avy recovery sleds. Sleds were from 14 feet down to 4 it was a little wider when all was said and done but still standing the test of time.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own a $70 shovel and I bought the 2-pack from Costco also. The different shovels aren't even comparable. I can flex the face of the cheap shovel by hand with very little effort and can't even budge the pricey one. Also looking at the way the two are built there's an obvious weak point just waiting to break where the head is welded to the handle holder. They're both aluminum shovels but there's an obvious weight difference and the cheap ones are just plain aluminum while the expensive one is a much harder and stronger alloy.

Zacs Avy Crew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com

crosroads

Reaction score
Go to zacstracs Facebook page and see how good the lifeline shovels are... The one that Lori tested was mine. I was shocked how easy it bent.

Top Bottom