Gopher season

Azrie

Reaction score
Time to start this up again for this year! Saw a few gophers out last week east of Edmonton but with all the snow they might hole up again for a bit. Can't wait to get out and pop a few. Anyone on here have a gopher problem or know of anyone that does east of Edmonton, Tofield area send me a shout. Would love to come help out.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Medler where's the gophers down south? I'm heading down to Claresholm next week. Should I pack an arsenal with me?

Anywhere around Airdrie basically.
.22 shells on sale at bass pro right now I bought 2000 rounds

Gonna go out today.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need to get out this summer with my boys. Drove around last year trying to get permission with no luck.

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time to start this up again for this year! Saw a few gophers out last week east of Edmonton but with all the snow they might hole up again for a bit. Can't wait to get out and pop a few. Anyone on here have a gopher problem or know of anyone that does east of Edmonton, Tofield area send me a shout. Would love to come help out.

Azrie and anyone else wanting to get in some shooting time are more than welcome. I live just minutes north of Tofield just off the 834. P.M. me for directions and phone number.

xmsummit154

Reaction score
Cant wait to blow up some gophers with the .17HMR Nothing beats the fun you can have with this rifle. They are so enjoyable to shoot and at 2600 feet per second you can easily shoot them out to 150 yards and they explode LOL

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cant wait to blow up some gophers with the .17HMR Nothing beats the fun you can have with this rifle. They are so enjoyable to shoot and at 2600 feet per second you can easily shoot them out to 150 yards and they explode LOL

i couldn't agree with you more! I love my ruger 10/22 But that 17hmr is an unreal gopher popper!

CrankShop910

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Try a .243 running 55g varmintanaters at 4100fps, red mist. They never run back down the hole.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
i agree.I sometimes shoot with my mini 14,but it gets a little expensive,when the 10-22 works fine

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Varmint Hunting Video - Prairie Dog Be Gone watch video trailers and you will see why a little extra money, time at the loading press, and range work pays off.

The wife shoulders a savage 22.250 hammering out 36 gr varmit grenades at 4400fps and dime size groups at 100 yards. I shoulder a heavy fluted bull barreled 223 savage spitting out 40gr blitz kings at 3600fps. We consistently hit gophers at 300 yards sometimes further if the wind co-operates. Best part is when they are on the snow. Impact is rather impressive. Problem is the areas around home are getting skinny so if anyone west of edmonton needs "help" without the worry of poisons or drunken idiots shooting up the country side drop me a line. I also have a couple of buddies along with myself if reloading is giving you headaches if you care to ask....but that is usually left for another forum.

My sled season is over so I must quickly move on to other hobbies before the depression sets in. A pic of my last day riding. Is it December 2013 yet??:p

6761_10151322028912181_618408581_n.jpg

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drove through our river pasture and hit about 10 with the .22. Best time of the year to get them they are still stupid and the grass isn't tall enough for them to hide.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Varmint Hunting Video - Prairie Dog Be Gone watch video trailers and you will see why a little extra money, time at the loading press, and range work pays off.

The wife shoulders a savage 22.250 hammering out 36 gr varmit grenades at 4400fps and dime size groups at 100 yards. I shoulder a heavy fluted bull barreled 223 savage spitting out 40gr blitz kings at 3600fps. We consistently hit gophers at 300 yards sometimes further if the wind co-operates. Best part is when they are on the snow. Impact is rather impressive. Problem is the areas around home are getting skinny so if anyone west of edmonton needs "help" without the worry of poisons or drunken idiots shooting up the country side drop me a line. I also have a couple of buddies along with myself if reloading is giving you headaches if you care to ask....but that is usually left for another forum.

My Benelli with 7 1/2 shot does the same thing but cheaper and faster.;)

Top Bottom