Good info for those thinking of travelling to go sledding

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reading all this stuff, and I thought we had the biggest Ftard running this country I am glad some of you guys aren’t in politics lol
we would really be screwed.
Agreed ....no single best way to fix this and hindsight is 20/20.
Common sense and respect for each other will go a long way - however given actions of some its sorely lacking. ..
Keeping physical distancing - day trip sledding in 2s or 3s (same people) in the backcountry without contact with others sounds reasonable - pack a lunch, limit stops and avoid others should be reasonable. If you are immuo compromised then stay completely isolated.

Glad to see govt opted to go with the wage subsidy option vs EI as it will give businesses a fighting chance to return faster without as much struggle to ramp up. Should help to shore up consumer confidence while will speed up recovery. Looks like the subsidy is considered taxable earnings so 25 to 35% goes back to govt anyway. Not a fan of deficits but looks like just about every developed economy will be availing of quantative easing so we'll all be in same situation.

From a financial side I think that they could / should take advantage of drop in fuel prices and keep prices back at $1 / litre as offset and use it to direct support oil sector. I like the drop in fuel prices but am now used to $1+ / litre so it wouldn't be a shock or burden.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 months?? People aren't working man. Some people are going to lose everything. What happens when the suicide rate exceeds the COVID19 death rate. Would it be ok to start up the country then?
I get it we all need to pitch in for the short term, bankrupt a few businesses and maybe destroy a few lives, but after that short time period, if you still need to be protected, isolate yourself, not the rest of the country.

Where did I say stop every for 3 months?????
Just stop non essential travel and contact.

rodney1960

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We might be able to do 3 month on, 3 month off to flatten the curve. Need to do that for 5 to 10 years.

Might only need to do 50% lock downs. We could have an App on your phone that tells you when its your turn to go out side or to the store.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heck no. I’m pretty sane and stable. When I look in the mirror. I say to myself, “Kanedog, everyone on S&m is losing their chit, fighting, bickering and working themselves into a tizzy. Why aren’t you doing this? Are you normal?”

Do you really call yourself “Kanedog” when you talk to yourself in the mirror?

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Public lands now closed to vehicular traffic in AB/ fines for disobedience

Some people are not good at reading comprehension.

"Automobile access is temporarily suspended at access points to all provincial parks as well as provincial recreation areas"
"The suspension applies to motor vehicle access to parking lots and staging areas"
"Horseback and off-highway vehicle use are still permitted where legal, and users are reminded to practice physical distancing"

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people are not good at reading comprehension.

"Automobile access is temporarily suspended at access points to all provincial parks as well as provincial recreation areas"
"The suspension applies to motor vehicle access to parking lots and staging areas"
"Horseback and off-highway vehicle use are still permitted where legal, and users are reminded to practice physical distancing"

oh yeah-uneducated 3 eyed sledders and there sisters r allowed to drive into prov. parks and sled...lol.
?
to funny that your own comment is directed at you.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We might be able to do 3 month on, 3 month off to flatten the curve. Need to do that for 5 to 10 years.

Might only need to do 50% lock downs. We could have an App on your phone that tells you when its your turn to go out side or to the store.
Your friggin bat chit crazy

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep her coming
giphy.gif

Top Bottom