Good info for those thinking of travelling to go sledding

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rec Sites and Trails BC has basically just shut down all backcountry use in BC as of today. Not a good idea to "be that guy"...…….

Here is the link

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/camping-hiking/sites-trails/alerts

My take on this is facilities are closed...ie: places where contact could spread the virus. This is not a back country closure like during the fires.

I don't think it means I cant drive out on a forest service road and ride around on my sled in the wilderness where I'm not going to be in contact with anyone.

Last edited:

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
THAT is the kind of attitude that should get you locked up!

this may all be a big joke to you, buy I'm a hymophiliac, a ciliac, and asmatic and if I get this it's all over.

why should I live the rest of my life in fear because selfish criminals want to go sledding?

we need a 100% military lock down for 18months. only sensible way to beat this

Holy fack...yup, that sounds like a good idea.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trails are open for local use

March 25, 2020

RSTBC Temporarily Closes Recreation Facilities and Campgrounds

Recreation Sites and Trails BC’s (RSTBC) number one priority is the health and safety of our staff, partners, volunteers, and visitors. We are following the advice of provincial health experts and doing our part to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Effectively immediately, RSTBC is temporarily closing recreation facilities and suspending services at many recreation sites and trails across BC. We are also recommending that people avoid travelling outside of their communities for recreation purposes at this time. Our response to COVID-19 continues to change based on direction from the British Columbia Provincial Health Officer (PHO). We will continue to communicate regularly. For now, visitors can expect the following:
Recreation trails offer local opportunities for people to get outside. Recreation trails are available for local use at this time. Visitors are reminded of the directives from the PHO to avoid gathering in groups and to keep at least two metres apart from each other when using trails. Trail users are responsible for their own safety and should exercise additional caution and be careful to limit injuries as trails may not be groomed or maintained during this time.
Recreation facilities where people gather and are in contact with frequently touched surfaces will be closed. Closures will apply to fee collection booths and kiosks, overnight shelters, backcountry cabins, day use shelters, and other related infrastructure. This includes facilities used for winter sports and activities (e.g. snowmobiling, nordic skiing, etc.), as well as all-season activities such as mountain biking and hiking.
Overnight camping and gatherings are prohibited at all recreation sites. Camping areas that have yet to open for the season will remain closed for the foreseeable future until otherwise directed by provincial health experts. Recreation sites may be available for local day use activities, at the discretion of local recreation officers. Visitors should be mindful that washroom facilities may not be available at most recreation sites.
Visitors should check out the RSTBC website before heading out to be prepared for their visit and to be aware of any closures.

Last edited:

rodney1960

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's turn that same question around. Why should the rest of the population suffer for 18 months to accommodate the lowest denominator of health?

Justin truduea says STAY HOME. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

this may all be a big joke to you, buy I'm a hymophiliac, a ciliac, and asmatic and if I get this it's all over.

why should I live the rest of my life in fear because selfish criminals want to go sledding?

So if we locked you up for 18 months by yourself, would you stay well and not get the virus?

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Justin truduea says STAY HOME. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
That dip**** also wanted a blank check for 18 months to tax and spend as he wanted. I don't believe a word that puppet says.

I understand you have some health issues and need to be cautious, but hola your thoughts are a stretch.

We do what you are proposing and we wont have to worry about ever going sledding again cause we wont have an economy left... it will be government dependency 100%

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
That dip**** also wanted a blank check for 18 months to tax and spend as he wanted. I don't believe a word that puppet says.

I understand you have some health issues and need to be cautious, but hola your thoughts are a stretch.

We do what you are proposing and we wont have to worry about ever going sledding again cause we wont have an economy left... it will be government dependency 100%
And that's what Trudeau wants.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

LOL, ya that ain't ever going to happen. There would be nothing left to come back to. You think the country runs on a magic money tree? After 18 months the guys with guns will be taking from the guys without guns. Keep that in mind.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's turn that same question around. Why should the rest of the population suffer for 18 months to accommodate the lowest denominator of health?

Let's turn this one more time bud.

When did we decide that lives don't matter and are expendable for short term good times.

I should post some of the articles my daughter has written since this started.
She seems to think that her life and others with similar aflictions......well their lives matter. She does not feel her life is expendable because of the haphazard attitudes of others.
I am with her and the attitudes, arrogance and plain ignorance that is displayed on this site is disgusting.

3 months maybe of self coltrol to likely save hundreds of lives.
If this is to much to ask then the whole human race needs a restart.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sometimes things like this are meant to take out the weak so the strong can survive, easy on the meth bubble boy its rotting the only thing on you that isnt a sickness

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
unstable is the person you see in a mirror
Heck no. I’m pretty sane and stable. When I look in the mirror. I say to myself, “Kanedog, everyone on S&m is losing their chit, fighting, bickering and working themselves into a tizzy. Why aren’t you doing this? Are you normal?”

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow I can not believe how self-centered people are.
one guy wants the military to keep us locked down for 18 months, others have a right to do what ever they want, and some one thinks that the heard needs to be thinned.
We all need to do are part to help slow the spread down and look after our self and family.
Keeping contact to a minimum.
If you can go riding with out coming into contact with the local community than fine, but not many people can.
If there is an out break in one of the sledding communities when we were asked to stay home and didn't.
The sledding community could get blamed and the repercussions will out last the virus.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
18 months? f*k me running - the country was already f*kt b4 this sh*t - imagine in 18months - I've been making jokes around the house because I have an amazing sense of humor ask my wife - I've been calling it The Covoid 19 - cuz u have to covertly avoid everyone for 19months - and there's 19 symptoms - I'm working on the list - wonder if the essential list has 19 also

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's turn this one more time bud.

When did we decide that lives don't matter and are expendable for short term good times.

I should post some of the articles my daughter has written since this started.
She seems to think that her life and others with similar aflictions......well their lives matter. She does not feel her life is expendable because of the haphazard attitudes of others.
I am with her and the attitudes, arrogance and plain ignorance that is displayed on this site is disgusting.

3 months maybe of self coltrol to likely save hundreds of lives.
If this is to much to ask then the whole human race needs a restart.
3 months?? People aren't working man. Some people are going to lose everything. What happens when the suicide rate exceeds the COVID19 death rate. Would it be ok to start up the country then?
I get it we all need to pitch in for the short term, bankrupt a few businesses and maybe destroy a few lives, but after that short time period, if you still need to be protected, isolate yourself, not the rest of the country.

Top Bottom