Golden and area riding conditons for 2014-2015

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a good foot at the house in the last 24 hours !!!

yestdy I was up building trail up to about 1900m and it was putting down hard, when I got home it was light snow, but it snowed all nite and still is !!!

I've already got snow banks at the house ...

ski hill is sayn 26cm, I got more than that on driveway ...

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drove by Quartz parking lot at 7pm. It was raining and 7 degrees, so the trail will be sloppy, hopefully it didn't get too high.

Also the roads are washboards West of Golden thanks to all the chained up semis.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep driving to revy ladies

Stuck in flats
image.jpg

Sticks going down hill
image.jpg

And stuck when parking
image.jpg

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent the day yesturday in quartz digging out sleds. Probly close to 4' is spots with no base, made for a very interesting day.... Lots of avy activity going off everywhere. Play safe!

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/113204556" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

landogriffin

Reaction score
We passed you guys loading up, did the fish cops scare the chit out of you too on a blind corner?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We passed you guys loading up, did the fish cops scare the chit out of you too on a blind corner?

Hah, no I run into them a lot, especially bush. Good to see there in pairs now, just used to be a solo runs.

Take you guys were up chatter somewhere, I'd image conditions past the cabin on the glacier would wicked given what was at hope.

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Fish cops gave our truck a full search, not sure what kind of legal right they to do that, I thought they were RCMP until I noticed the patch after the search. They found one empty (from a previous day of course) and gave us **** but no fines.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fish cops gave our truck a full search, not sure what kind of legal right they to do that, I thought they were RCMP until I noticed the patch after the search. They found one empty (from a previous day of course) and gave us **** but no fines.

Uhhhhhh - SAY WHAT??!!!!! Fish cops? this would probably fall under Reasonable Expectation of Privacy, if you weren't drinking or smoking funny stuff or doing anything other than legal activity. You should read Section 8 of the Canadian Charter of Human Rights in case they stop you again. I'm all for stoping drunks on the road etc where they have reasonable cause but just to stop joe public and conduct random searches is a little beyond. I don't think they can fine you under the Motor Vehicle Act, would have to be RCMP, so that's probably why. MAybe there is some poaching in the area or something on a trapline that is giving them reason to search vehicles,. but then they should be disclosing the reason for search beforehand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom