Golden and area riding conditons for 2014-2015

Summit800_Andy

Reaction score
Been living in the mountains to many years there boys, and not to sound pessimistic, but i never trust a forecast more then a few days away. Almost 2 weeks is way too far off to have any conference in.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quartz had the same amount of snow at the highway as the 11th of nov did when we went to Alberta

Not enough yet I'd say

Road the last 5 years the 11th and had way more snow there them other years

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quartz had the same amount of snow at the highway as the 11th of nov did when we went to Alberta

Not enough yet I'd say

Road the last 5 years the 11th and had way more snow there them other years

rode revy on the 12th last eight years weve been out around remebrance day and this year the conditions were beter then most years theres actually a bace hoping hope has similar snow

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh

But that's revy tho... Allways better snow in sicamous and revy

Hence y I moved to sicamous lol

agreed! hope Is in a snow belt tho usually deeper there then goldens other zones will let you know would just ride revy but will be there wensday for three days so thought id change it up

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't even waste my time with hope... At 5500 there might be 2ft base. People seem to be riding golden way Early this year and the snow is an easy 1.5weeks late.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
woke up to 3cm over nite and -3 temps ... still putting down nicely, but not big flakes ...

there's even snow in town at revy!!!

ski hill saying 7cm in 12 hours, 11cm in 24hours which seems about rite.

I'm contemplating going for a ride ... but ... I really don't want to wreck my sled in november. in this visibility sharks hide very well ...

in the last 2 weeks or so I know of 2 totalled sleds at quartz. a turbo nitro desintergrated, and a brand new poo, first day out !!! both rocked it !!!

I was still getting pow turns on snowbaord and sled in may, I can wait ...

I don't know anything about gorman or silent pass ...

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was in quartz yesturday. Had a blast. Lots of good snow to be had if you know where to go. Id say even a couple feet in some of the wind loaded areas. Just gotta watch out for those landmines. The low light Def didn't help that in the morning but seemed to clear up. Had a bit of carnage, a buddy busted his steering linkage after finding a nice big boulder. No pics, to busy having a blast first ride of the season!!!

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thx chump. you summed up how I feel. one of the crew is gunna wish they stayed home and split wood or the woman ...

forcast looks phat ...

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
putting nicely at mo ... only a few cm's but really good snow = cold smoke ...

the season starts ... NOW !!!

I had big plans for tomorow, but ... "the man" called ...

edit to say ... -5 and no wind ...

HAYDENC

Reaction score
you guys think quartz will be good to ride this weekend?? anyone know how the snow is up there

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys think quartz will be good to ride this weekend?? anyone know how the snow is up there

Rideable is a loose term... Quartz gets its name for a reason so choose wisely what you do and where you ride. Good for a little day ride to cure the itch...
Take a look at the BC snow cam, it's right beside the parking lot. Gives you an idea of what there is.

Top Bottom