Golden and Area 2017/2018

Doo2015

Reaction score
Quartz is absolutely tracked out. Really don't want to have to ride in to silent from the 21. Any other good riding areas? Thinking Gorman might be a little avy yet.

Ganibis

Reaction score
We rode Susan lake last spring 1 day with a pretty green mountain guy and it was a blast. Next to 0 avy risk and we had the place to ourselves. Definitely not the same terrain as Quartz and not nearly as much snow but it is wide open with some trees to play in.

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the grooming schedule for silent this week. Probably gonna swing through there on Friday it looks like.

vapours

Reaction score
I think he was out in the high country, down by secret creek right past zipper mouth mountain.

Ol' Skool

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m bringing a newbie up this week to get some seat time and learn the basics. Was thinking of Blaeberry, Susan Lake, or the West Bench. Any updates on conditions? Thanks!

Fahrns

Reaction score
Silent was epic today. Lots of snow left to pound. We got out of there by 9pm on fumes. FYI trail was not groomed. It was a long and bumpy ride.
1ef85d38dc29a03d17ccfc93321084ef.jpg

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Silent was epic today. Lots of snow left to pound. We got out of there by 9pm on fumes. FYI trail was not groomed. It was a long and bumpy ride.

We were hopeful as the groomer operator showed up as we headed up the trail in the am. I guess he couldn't get it started.

Ol' Skool

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Blaeberry and Gorman/Westbench(trails) over the pat few days. Very good conditions and access.

Top Bottom