Golden 2016/2017

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode quarts sat and sun, snow was awesome. Nice and fluffy sat, settling with the warmth Sunday but still deep. Found tons of untouched spots.

Only complaint is that horrible trail. They groomed it Friday night I heard, we rode 2-3 ft whoops the entire 14km both days and paid 50bucks for that junk. Come down and look at the groomer sitting there full of snow. Hard to have a good day when you ride that crap and have half a tank of energy left when you get to the top.

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friday was nice in the trees....
IMG_2627.JPG

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any reports on how warm it got today? Did everything settle or is there still good snow to be had?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Mashed potatoes on Sunday... with today's warm weather, it will be setteling fast. Stay up high, cloudy all weekend so if you can get into cirque, goldeness there I bet!

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode quartz today. It was one of those days you dream about. Blue sky most of the day, cloudy with quick squalls passed through. 3-4ft of the fluffiest pow everywhere! And no tracks almost anywhere! One of those days where your turbo 4S still feels WAY underpowered!!

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Good snow today in silver mines once we got above 2000m. Avy alley had some huge slides, some ran all the way to the bottom and filled the creek. Avy risk is high/extreme this weekend, be careful.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tread lightly in Silver Mines and Gorman boys. Lost some good ones in there this time of the year. Ride safe.

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode quartz today snowed up top hard time seeing but lots of wet powder the trail was terrible whopped from bottem to the top but the shrimp were great image.jpg

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to Gorman again early this morning lots of fresh powder again excellent up top

TheRedrooster

Reaction score
Rode Silent Pass today. The road up was a bit rough, not horrible. The trail wasn't bad. By the end of the day the main areas were tracked out.

smc

Reaction score
If you left your phone in the quartz cabin on Saturday I have it. Describe the lock screen photo and come get it. I'm in golden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highspeedss

Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.ca
We rode the Westbench trail on Saturday March 25th, 2017. Was bumpy from Quartz to Wiseman, but good until the intersection with Gorman. Gorman parking lot was quite muddy, but th Quartz parking was quite good considering the spring conditions. The trail still had a good base in most spots.

Attachments

• image_westbench.jpg
    image_westbench.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:

mattalind

Reaction score
Anyone able to take a rider out tomorrow? I'm currently in Fernie but have heard conditions in Golden are much better than here. Here actually isn't that bad once you make it above 5500' but the trail up is horrendous. I'm looking to make the drive North for a day to slay some pow. On a 2017 Summit 165 850, have shovel probe beacon and the knowledge to use them and know how to ride. I do not want to take a trip there without someone who knows the area better than I do willing to group up with me.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have 2 passes to chatter creek April 12-15 for Sale if anyone wants!

Top Bottom