Golden 2016/2017

born2jeep

Reaction score
Was there yesterday, almost too much snow ��. Visability was pretty poor outside of the trees. Great day though!

Luke Seed

Reaction score
Just testing the waters here but what would the likely hood of paying someone a few bucks to get a tow into 12 mile creek at some point in March, 0 set dates waiting on some stability but would be heading in to ski and dont really feel like walking 13k of logging road dodging traffic aha.

ConRmk

Reaction score
Was up Silent over the weekend with my dad, first time on my new rmk and conditions were really good. On our way up we stopped and talked to a couple guys briefly who were headed to hobo, does anyone know what kind of riding is in there? Always interested in finding new ungroomed areas:d

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a lodge there for skiers I think it's open on April 20th for sledders it's listed on sledgolden website

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a good long drive in, (70k) FSR road. Hope creek is also accessible from tis road.

Last edited:

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its open all yr, just have to respect the skiing tenure. They do open up the chalet for sledding for 3 weeks a yr at the beginning of April. Hard to get in as most rebook yr to yr. I've had the privilege of riding there opening weekend for the past 5 yrs. Won' be able to make it this yr, so for 27,000 thai baht its yours.

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Rode silver mines yesterday, snow was very heavy all the way to the top. Gonna be concrete when it cools down again. Only fluffy snow we found was facing north, and there wasn't much. Pretty much spring riding conditions, everything had slid naturally. Trail was okay until the turnoff, whooped bad after that. Not plowed at all so you're riding from km 17. Was sunny out tho so still a decent day.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Suppose conditions are similar to everywhere else these days?

Not looking good for long weekend riding :(

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Latest from golden club regarding silent. Looks like playing season is done of i understand correctly
Screenshot_20170217-111024.jpg

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Suppose conditions are similar to everywhere else these days?

Not looking good for long weekend riding :(

elevation is the key to finding good snow. its 14 degrees on my deck right now, pretty typical for this time of year. skied knee deep goodness all day yesterday while it was raining in town.
also be prepared for soft roads, leave the mobile home sized trailers on the prairies.

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time for the decks and 2 places again?
Seems like it's only been a couple months since everyone was saying that about early season riding

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear lots of talk about chatter creek is this a motorized closure until spring?

No, just a courtesy ruling. If you have no courtesy, due note there are snow cats operating up there and they do not disclose there locations, makes for a dangerous situation at times.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, just a courtesy ruling. If you have no courtesy, due note there are snow cats operating up there and they do not disclose there locations, makes for a dangerous situation at times.

Just got stop in the cabin ask where they are skiing that day, grab a radio. And yes respect the paying customers.

Ganibis

Reaction score
We just got back from a 2 day trip. Rode Susan Lake and Quartz. There was about 12-16" of fresh that fell Friday night and it was great. Quartz was getting fairly tracked out in the area we were in by the end of the day Saturday. 20170305_095332.jpg 20170305_110256.jpg 20170304_093719.jpg

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom