Goggle recommendations

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you have to try a few different styles to see what fits your face the best in the helmet you use. Been useing Progrip for about 4 years now, they seem to fit my face well. I carry 2 pair, a clear set that get darker as the day gets brighter and an amber set that also get darker. They have a very wide foam seal to keep that nasty fog from forming on the inside. Both my sons race motocross and they have been useing Progrip or Utopia for both dirt and snowmobile. As for keeping the fog to a minimum I try to breath in through the nose and out and down through the mouth.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tee!!

We are Habervision dealers and Habervision has just come our with a new sled goggle in the MXT double vermillion lens. You can pair this with an eliminator and you are good to go. They also have various other goggles with an eliminator combo too. Here is the link to the eliminator combo page so you can see all the varieties available:

has anyone tried these new goggles? i suppose they are fairly new on the market (sounds like). for 90 bucks for the double lens goggles and eliminater they look like a pretty good deal to me. any other suggestions or opinions? has anyone used the "vermillion" lens before?

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
?? I think those that do not fog, have solved the problem??

If that were the case, it would just be a matter of lens choice. I sell hundreds of pairs of goggles a year and most people are fine with any double lens winter goggle and just buy what they like the look of and maybe a lens colour they like. I probably only sell 10 or 20 with the fans. Nobody ever comes back and says they don't work, other than for a defective lens that split once. Some people fog all the time and the Turbo fan solves the problem and has a lifetime warranty. It just works. My son uses the regular goggles and doesn't have a problem with fogging. It's nice to be able to try the goggles on and see which ones fit your face the best, they are not all the same fit. Whatever works for you works for you. The people who fog everything know all about the problem and it is very frustrating.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
The double vermillion lens is a brand new product. They only came out with it in September. I can tell you this though my husband has been using the clear lens MXT goggles with the eliminator this spring and fall for riding his bike back and forth to work. Some mornings it has been pretty frosty out and he has never had a fogging issue when he stops for lights etc. It has been so cold a few mornings that he switched to his enclosed helmet and had severe fogging issues when stopped.

When we were searching out product lines to represent we raked Habervision over the coals. As a new start up company we did not want to be dealing with bad product and unhappy customers. One of the things that really appealed to us about Habervision was their customer service. We have never had a problem with them in that regards. All the staff that we have dealt with has been extremely helpful. They stand behind their products 100%.

We have been very happy with the products that we use ourselves. Before we became Habervision dealers I had always just bought the cheapest sunglasses I could find then I ordered a pair of "Trims", holy cow what a difference!! My biggest fear with them now is losing them I've kinda become neurotic about always knowing where my sunglasses are....lol!!

Hope that helps if you have any more questions please do not hesitate to ask.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
?? I think those that do not fog, have solved the problem??

If that were the case, it would just be a matter of lens choice. I sell hundreds of pairs of goggles a year and most people are fine with any double lens winter goggle and just buy what they like the look of and maybe a lens colour they like. I probably only sell 10 or 20 with the fans. Nobody ever comes back and says they don't work, other than for a defective lens that split once. Some people fog all the time and the Turbo fan solves the problem and has a lifetime warranty. It just works. My son uses the regular goggles and doesn't have a problem with fogging. It's nice to be able to try the goggles on and see which ones fit your face the best, they are not all the same fit. Whatever works for you works for you. The people who fog everything know all about the problem and it is very frustrating.
all I'm saying is that the fogging is due to an underlying problem, either dressing too warm causing a person to sweat, or poor seal allowing exhaled breath to fog them. just trying to show there may be another option to prevent fogging, other than spending a lot of cash to bandaid the problem. I can fog my goggles as well, especially after digging out from a good stuck or the like. once the foam around the goggles get wet from sweat, it is almost impossible to keep them clear even after I have "cooled off". I will most likely purchase the Haber Eliminator, hoping it will prevent fogging in those circumstances.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any double lens goggle is Ok on my bike for me when its cool. When I have the problem is in a couple of feet of snow, ripping it up. Especially the days when it's snowing so hard you have to keep wiping the snow off the lens to see. That's when I don't care what my goggles cost, they just have to work :) Coming soon..:d:d:d

Goggle testing in December in Mcbride

MCBRIDE058.jpg

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found this for drying out a wet goggle using the engine heat of the sled!: Looks neat, only thing is that you would have to remember to take them out or risk melting lol

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found this for drying out a wet goggle using the engine heat of the sled!: Looks neat, only thing is that you would have to remember to take them out or risk melting lol

Been putting goggles on my belt guard or motor to dry for years. That bag looks like a good idea on a 2 stroke, its a little tougher on these 4 strokes but still doable. :beer:

cobbster

Reaction score
Just to follow up on what sly had to say, I purchased a pair of the turbo goggles last February and found them to be the best that I have ever tried.
I agree they are pricey but well worth the money.
I also used an electric shield and full face helmet , but am very happy with the new setup.
I,m staying with the turbo goggle setup,just remember spare batteries one aaa.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Friend of mine has that bag. Heat isn't really an issue. In fact he has left a chocolate bar in there without it melting.. Only became soft.

IanH

Reaction score
Oakley A frames have worked the best for me also get a yellow lens if you can on the 30 bellow alberta days i have rode all day fog free. and with the yellow lens you the snow is so much more detailed you can see better with the lens than plain. eye but thats my thoughts.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Goggles and lens color are really a personal choice. I've tried most of them except the fans and on any given day I can fog most. When riding hard I usually end up over dressed and sweating, and start fogging. I carry 3 pair and rotate them.

Everyone in our group raved about the rose lens, I hate them. For me they just don't work. I used amber for years, then tried a blue lens and loved it on low light days. I still carry the rose as a spare pair. I have 509 with blue tint, not as good as my Scott blues.

Try different lenses from someone in your group and see what works for your eyes.

:twocents:

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My goggles and visor always fog, and i mean always! Last season i bought a No-Fog mask - best $50 bucks i ever spent! lol I don't fog - and added bonus, my neck doesn't get cold!

NO-FOG High Performance

Personally, I can't use those things in the Mtns. You get working hard or stuck and it's a real panic to rip it off, suffocation isn't pleasant:eek: Good for trail riding in cold weather though

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally, I can't use those things in the Mtns. You get working hard or stuck and it's a real panic to rip it off, suffocation isn't pleasant:eek: Good for trail riding in cold weather though

I will agree, but didn't fog in the mountains last year? We went over Easter though and it was nice out.

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked up the new 509 goggles I tried them yesterday and I've got nothin bad to say yet but I didn't get a good hard ride eather not enuf snow yet

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked up the new 509 goggles I tried them yesterday and I've got nothin bad to say yet but I didn't get a good hard ride eather not enuf snow yet

Just got mine too... but how the hell did yah get that plastic cover off the inside of the lens???? Maybe I don't have long enough fingernails? :confused:

I just don't wanna scratch these lens' yet...

Top Bottom