Getting a sport quad, which one

jawehner1419

Reaction score
Alright so I know that they all have their goods and bads. My options are the raptor 660 or 700(probably 700), ds650, outlaw 525, predator 500, or trx700. Before you rant and say this one is the period, I will have a budget of around $3000 tops. So that is however much I spend. After buying a raptor(660), ds650 and predator, I would have at absolute most $1000 dollars left. How ever with the raptor 700, outlaw 525, and trx I would be surprised to have any money left over. Now the extra money

Now what I know, the ds650 is a pig stock, needs uncorked and tuned and has no reverse but can be a beast and rides good, the raptor 700 is a wheelier and way better than the 660 but neither can hill climb very well, the 660 is tippy and weaker and hard to tune. The outlaw is fast and expensive but rides like a dream but can't power slide, the predator is okay. Good power good shocks, just a good quad but has some reliability issues. And the trx700xx that is a dream but is like 4k and don't come up from sale much. Correct me if I am wrong with any of these statements. So which would u choose AND WHY, I don't give a **** that u can owned a Yamaha since they started making em, why would u choose the one u chose. Thanks!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would look for a raptor 700. Probably the best over all and the most reliable one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xmrider163

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've rode everything on your list, and owned a yfz450 which I did quite a few mods too, big bore, port n polish, longer swing arm, all the bolt ons and high comp Pistons etc... Also owned a 525 Ktm (ex's) and after everything to redo again I'd buy a raptor 700 and if you want more power just turbo them seems to be best way to go. It has reverse, good power, looks cool. It is top heavy but some suspension could help. It's bigger so if your taller or heavier would be perfect bike.

Xmrider163

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And if you want a little bit of a project bike I still have my 06 yfz450 I'd sell it just sits in the garage. I've let the brother in law ride it for 2 years and he didn't maintain any of it.

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Raptor 700 they are awesome and can Hill climb np

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I owned a 2008 Polaris outlaw 525 and it was an amazing quad. I put on an FMF powerbomb full exhaust and a DJ jet kit and it really woke it up. Was significantly faster than a stock Raptor 700. I also liked the hydraulic clutch over the standard cable on most other models. If you can find one with an Exhaust the DJ jet k was only $100 or so and made a big difference.

avenge95

Reaction score
I've also owned a 2008 Polaris Outlaw 525IRS with full FMF exhaust and Jet kit. Loved that quad. Would buy again. Smoked my buddies Raptor 700 all day long.

mxracer14

Reaction score
And if you want a little bit of a project bike I still have my 06 yfz450 I'd sell it just sits in the garage. I've let the brother in law ride it for 2 years and he didn't maintain any of it.

What kinda work does it need? how much would you be looking to sell it for.

Xmrider163

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cosmetics mostly, brother in law has been riding it last couple years. I would have to go check it out and service it. Clean it up been in the garage tucked away. I'd be willing to sell it for $2500. Has tons of extras couple sets of tires. When I get home I can pull it out and all the extras with it take a few pics. Send me a PM with your number and I'll send them. Was gonna out it on Kijiji when I get home anyways.

Top Bottom