List of all sport ATVs you can think of

jawehner1419

Reaction score
Alright so I'm looking to get a sport ATV this summer/spring, and so I am making a list of all the 350cc and bigger quads I can think of. I googled it and I couldn't find a list. So here goes, here is my list so far, and I don't want **** Chinese brands, has to be a good brand.

So far:

Yamaha raptor350/660/700
Polaris and ktm outlaw
Polaris predator 500
Yamaha yfz450
Honda trx400/450/700
Suzuki ltz450, 500 quadzilla(always an option even tho it's old and 2 joker)
Kawa kfx450/700
ktm 450/525
Can am ds650
So add any you guys know of that aren't there, j know I'm missing a ton but that's just kinda what I came up with off the top of my head

Also, has to be 2000 or newer

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Missing the z400,kfx400, and dvx 400. All the same quad but different plastics. And how could you forget the banshee? Lol

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

jawehner1419

Reaction score
Missing the z400,kfx400, and dvx 400. All the same quad but different plastics. And how could you forget the banshee? Lol

I am just not sure if I want a 2 stroke yet

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Banshee is the best sport quad. Super fast cheap and easy to fix. And if you aren't taking it on a track it handles not to bad. I miss my banshee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jawehner1419

Reaction score
Okay well, I've been looking around all day and think I have narrowed it down to the outlaw, predator, kfx700, trx700xx, cam an 650 and raptor 660/700(I've heard the 700 is better? Correct me if I'm wrong)

Alright so I love the look of the 700xx I read the IRS is kinda unpredictable? My friend just got a predator but I haven't rode it yet, so I will ride that at some point and see how much I like that. I read the kfx is heavy, bad in the tight stuff, and has stiff shocks. The 660 is tippy. The 450s are a lot of matinece so ive read because they are "race quads". Kinda looking more towards polaris just because they come with fox podium shocks, they have twin cams, aren't terribly expensive, the brake lines are stainless, they just come more ready to ride. But I haven't really looked into the can am yet. I also still have a while because I need to get me current quad(Moto 4 350) running and gonna sell that and my dirt bike to buy the new quad.

Also if you have one of the listed quads and something I said was very incorrect, please tell me. I just don't want you telling me I'm wrong if you have never rode the one ur telling me about.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would personally stay away from the 450 used they can be high maintenance and expensive to fix! The ds 650 rips but is a big quad. I like the raptor 700 the motor on that doesn't get much tougher. I don't know anything about the honda 700xx other then tires are hard to find (11" rims). I like the idea of irs so that would make me look for a KTM or Polaris 525.

Just a thought take a look at a Can am renegade800-100 or a scrambler 850 or 1000. Those handle great and would most likely give the sport quads a run for there money in a drag race. Then they have 4x4 to.

jawehner1419

Reaction score
I would personally stay away from the 450 used they can be high maintenance and expensive to fix! The ds 650 rips but is a big quad. I like the raptor 700 the motor on that doesn't get much tougher. I don't know anything about the honda 700xx other then tires are hard to find (11" rims). I like the idea of irs so that would make me look for a KTM or Polaris 525.

Just a thought take a look at a Can am renegade800-100 or a scrambler 850 or 1000. Those handle great and would most likely give the sport quads a run for there money in a drag race. Then they have 4x4 to.

I would looove to get the scrammy or renegade but there are two issues.
1. I prefer mechanical trannys, not clutch, but deff not a deal breaker
2. Price, I should be sittin at $2000-3000 to spend and unless I can talk someone way the hell down, there is no way I'm getting a scrammy or renegade for that

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Banshee FTW! Haha you can find one for cheap,, and they haul azz.

jawehner1419

Reaction score
Knocked the kfx off the list, auto trans and his kinda quad, just doesn't fit for me. I gotta be able to shift. I want 5(or 6) on the floor.

So quads left
Trx700xx
Ds650
KTM 525
Polaris outlaw/predator

The only thing is the KTM will be hard to find. And the 700xx, I just like it. It is so different, I just like it. But I can get the Polaris predator fairly cheap(1500-2000 consistently) and the 700xx is more expensive.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
outlaw's use ktm motors prob a good bet there. bomb squad jumped outlaws a ton , much mods for those.

KFX are just Bruteforce's in a sport frame. so much hp tho dont count em out.

If its a belt drive but has enough HP it really doesn't hurt the over all perf as much.

Outlaws are basically the big boy motors of the 2wd sport Quad's tbh.

The 450's are also contenders in most brands.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out of that list I'd take the 525, or an outlaw with the KTM motor (I believe earlier ones had a Fuji?) I think the 700xx is less sporty than the others, I've never ridden one though. To me it just seems like all the size/weight of a scrammy or renegade, without the benefit of 4x4.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out of that list I'd take the 525, or an outlaw with the KTM motor (I believe earlier ones had a Fuji?) I think the 700xx is less sporty than the others, I've never ridden one though. To me it just seems like all the size/weight of a scrammy or renegade, without the benefit of 4x4.

Yah the 500 isn't a KTM motor. But they are a nice quad.

jawehner1419

Reaction score
I think I am going to have to go with the outlaw. I would still really like the 700xx but I don't think I will be able to find one at the price. So the outlaw has to be my choice. I they all ready come with fox podiums, stainless brake lines, and a lot of other stuff. I have read about there problems, low options for rear sprocket, not greased needle bearings, bad customer service, but customer service probably won't be an issue since I will probable nerve have to call them and I should be able to deal with most of the problems. Also I don't want the raptor just because I heard it rides rough on the trails and trails is the main place I will be on and I have read that IRS loves the trails

I say "I have read/heard" all this stuff because I have never rode any of these quads, well I'm sat on a predator and done a little work on it but other than that I have no experience with any of these quads. So if an of you have any of these quads and can tell me about any of them, I would love to hear

Top Bottom