In need of fellow s and m'ers opinion on a trade

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking to trade my 2002 kawasaki ninja zx6r. It's a good bike and all but has a wee bit too much power. I haven't gotten a speeding ticket yet but it is way to easy and 'comfortable' to get to insane speeds on this thing.

I found to potential trades, one is a 08 honda cr250f the guy says it's a good bike and the only thing that it will need doen the road is a new back tire. The other is a 04 raptor 660 the guy with this one says it doesn't go into reverse but he said it's only a 50$ part.

I haven't seen either toy yet and I know it should ultimately be based on which one is in the best conditions but I was Jw what yall think would be best. Assuming both are in good shape.

I've never owned a dirtbike and kind have always wanted one. I actually have never had a sport quad either. So it's a toss up for me right now. I feel like the sport quad would be a more stable choice for the trail riding I do.but then again I've watched what those guys do with dirtbikes in those crazy red bull enduro races and it seems like it just takes skill to be able to take dbs where quads go.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You may want to look at selling your bike outright if you have not already. This will give you time to think of what type of other toy you would really enjoy.

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The other is a 04 raptor 660 the guy with this one says it doesn't go into reverse but he said it's only a 50$ part.
Its always just a clip, bolt, spring or needs a good carb cleaning. If it was that easy he would of done it himself. Tell him you will throw in another $75 if he does the work, bet he dosent bite

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree. Tell him you'll trade for the quad "after" he fixes it, or get the dirt bike.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you that dude that traded a paper clip for a house ...
or something like that ....
sorry had to ask ask.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you that dude that traded a paper clip for a house ...
or something like that ....
sorry had to ask ask.
I think if he had the ability to trade a paper clip for house- he may be able to convert that bike to all the land in Canada west of Toronto and a hell of iota us on this forum would be paying him rent. This is just a quick calculation so I may be off half a province give or take.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He didn't trade a paper clip for a house, he started with the paper clip and kept trading until he got a house.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
May be $50 part but 10hrs labour to do it.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
May be $50 part but 10hrs labour to do it.
Ya thats what was thinking as well. I don't mind turning wrenches but I have also read some 660s have transmission issues. I'm not really into/skilled enough for a full on rebuild lol

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He didn't trade a paper clip for a house, he started with the paper clip and kept trading until he got a house.
Really , who would of thought ? But more importantly, you get most of the point I was making .... Right .

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sell the bike and hold the cash till winter and then buy a summer toy for less.

Ya thats a good idea, I do have it on kijji for 3k but no bites so far. What do you guys think its worth. its a 02 kawi zx6r 600. 57k some minor scuffs, and an akrapovic exhaust. Good tires, sprockets, and chain. It runs really good.

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya thats a good idea, I do have it on kijji for 3k but no bites so far. What do you guys think its worth. its a 02 kawi zx6r 600. 57k some minor scuffs, and an akrapovic exhaust. Good tires, sprockets, and chain. It runs really good.

I bought my MINT 05' ZZR600, with 16k on it, brand new corsa diablo tires, fresh service etc for 3500. I know it's not a ZX, but it is the sister bike so to speak. I'd say 3K is fair, you don't buy a "modern" bike for any less than that it seems.

Top Bottom