G5 Quick Change Axle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m hoping modman is right on the matter.
You guys quit making fun of Polaris. It’s 2022 and they finally have a comparable sled since 2002

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
clearly you've never changed a skidoo track (PITA) because for me this is an absolute game changer and im excited about it lol
Let's see . .
Four bolts and drop skid - compress with rachet strap if you don't want to mess with rear axel adjustment.
2 bolts and QD pulleys & belt slide off. 3 bolts for bearing cup and drive axel can be removed. Bonus you can also check / replace axel bearing if needed ....
Glad to hear BRPs axel design is a game changer for you

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_0996.jpg

The tunnel is the same width, the boards are narrower.
The body lines have also been narrowed. To my knowledge, the internal mounting of the turbo or the muffler remains the same. The coolant tank is now one piece, and that was the only change mentioned on that side of the sled.
IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
clearly you've never changed a skidoo track (PITA) because for me this is an absolute game changer and im excited about it lol
No, but can do a Polaris change in about 20 minutes. So that begs the question, why did they not just put a belt drive it? I guess too wide at the foot-well so there would be no room for your foot? TKI kit does make it tighter in that area and I guess narrowing the boards was more important? Maybe the lesser of 2 evils? And here we go with the stupid responses that a belt drive is not better.....I don't care what you think about that and it s not my point here, only they are easier to work on and a simple light weight design.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, but can do a Polaris change in about 20 minutes. So that begs the question, why did they not just put a belt drive it? I guess too wide at the foot-well so there would be no room for your foot? TKI kit does make it tighter in that area and I guess narrowing the boards was more important? Maybe the lesser of 2 evils? And here we go with the stupid responses that a belt drive is not better.....I don't care what you think about that and it s not my point here, only they are easier to work on and a simple light weight design.

serious question. Do you really think BRP hasn't tested repeatedly the Belt drive setup? If its not on their machines its because it didn't meet the requirements for durability

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
serious question. Do you really think BRP hasn't tested repeatedly the Belt drive setup? If its not on their machines its because it didn't meet the requirements for durability
Wrong again, it is becasue it does not fit with the location of their driveshaft location in relation to the riders footwell. The belt drive is wider then the chaincase so it will be in the way when they narrowed the running boards.

Tom at TKI runs them on 300 HP sleds so I am sure the G5 won't be a problem.

How many Polaris guys do you see taking off their factory belt drive and installing a chaincase because the belt it is not durabile enough?

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wrong again, it is becasue it does not fit with the location of their driveshaft location in relation to the riders footwell. The belt drive is wider then the chaincase so it will be in the way when they narrowed the running boards.

How many Polaris guys do you see taking off their factory belt drive and installing a chaincase because the belt it is not durabile enough?
Correct, its how they obtain the "more" rider forward position for the rider. The sled is going to work the best with the engine between your legs and your feet under your hands.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys on crack?

there is multiple aftermarket belt drive setups for the G4 that don't protrude into the footwell at all. Wont be any different with the narrower chassis.

you can say the belt is reliable all day long but ive watched more of those belts changed than chains so say what you wish

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The belt outlives the Polaris motors for sure. Is that saying much?

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried it. Won't get another
I love my tki on my t3 - no more chaincase oil - 4000kms on the belt - so quick to tear the secondary out - I only blew the belt because the back of the top sprocket mushed out and took out the bearing and jackshaft and both belts - quick $800 f*kin 's - new sprocket is at the machine shop now getting a stainless steel insert onto the back of the top sprocket

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya no, not even remotely the same experience
With all the other mods that go with it - it's part way there - big wheel kit, baker w/raptor, dj clutching, hi torque rollers etc etc - it's all part of the experience

Top Bottom