furnace wiring question

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we started to wire in our suburban furnace this weekend and trying to figure out the best way of doing this. So far I have the two 6 volt batteries which will get mounted in the cabinet next to it and thinking a 2000 watt inverter. I would like to be able to plug 110 from out side as well so it's not always running off the batteries but I'm not sure how to go about this. Also for a charging system can it be wired to the trailer so it charges off the truck or should a person go with a solar panel, if so what size?

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well first thing is you need to get 12volt from your 6 volt batteries, then connect to inverter and out comes 110 from there.
So use #8 strand wire for a jumper from + on one batt to the - on the other, then you take wire from + that is not used yet to your inverter + and then wire from your - on other batt to the - on the inverter and that gives you 12volt to inverter. Then you plug what ever you want into 110 side of inverter. Good luck

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I guess I should have clarified that. I know how to get 12v from the 6. I guess what I'm wondering is if I can wire in 110 from outside with out buggering up the inverter or batteries.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would just use a plug into invertor and wire it into a box, so your just extending outlet. That is what I would doo doo, LOL

Top Bottom