Fuel tank fabricator

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one know a company in the Edmonton area that fabricates fuel tanks?

I need someone to make me a replacement fuel tank for a customized vehicle.

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Geegee racing in leduc made me a really nice one for under my sled deck a few years back. All aluminum with baffles
But I'm guessing you mean plastic

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Geegee racing in leduc made me a really nice one for under my sled deck a few years back. All aluminum with baffles

The one i have now is not plastic. This is on a mini van that was converted to a wheelchair accessible van. The original factory tank was replaced with a ?steel box-shaped tank.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rocky ( the fabricator who made the tanks for GeeGee racing), has set up his own shop, makes some amazing stuff. I’ve had good results from him for a reasonable price. His shop is called Redline Fab, number is 780-955-9552 Shop is in Nisku.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Appreciate all the replies so far. I need to take a few measurements, a few pics and make a few calls. Thank You!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rocky ( the fabricator who made the tanks for GeeGee racing), has set up his own shop, makes some amazing stuff. I’ve had good results from him for a reasonable price. His shop is called Redline Fab, number is 780-955-9552 Shop is in Nisku.

I don’t think Rocky or geegee can make this fuel tank. They will not be registered with Transport Canada to make fuel tanks. With it being in a passenger vehicle it will need to be a registered design. You might have to go to the manufacture for that fuel tank? They will have the engineered fuel tank size and can build it. Any fuel tank that needs to be to transport Canada needs drawings with the beaver stamp (engineer stamp). I know this as I ran a shop and we built TC certified tanks and had to jump through all the hoops before. I would offer to build it myself because it would be easy to do but in case of an accident and a leak and fire the legalities wouldn’t be good. There’s only a handful of shop that are TC certified. Wabash is one.

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can’t remember the brand name, but somewhere under my desk I have a huge catalog of fuel tanks. Listed by application, and others are dimensional. Usually no more than a week away. Galvanized steel tanks. I’m sure there’s someone who carries them in your area.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t think Rocky or geegee can make this fuel tank. They will not be registered with Transport Canada to make fuel tanks. With it being in a passenger vehicle it will need to be a registered design. You might have to go to the manufacture for that fuel tank? They will have the engineered fuel tank size and can build it. Any fuel tank that needs to be to transport Canada needs drawings with the beaver stamp (engineer stamp). I know this as I ran a shop and we built TC certified tanks and had to jump through all the hoops before. I would offer to build it myself because it would be easy to do but in case of an accident and a leak and fire the legalities wouldn’t be good. There’s only a handful of shop that are TC certified. Wabash is one.

Perhaps in Alberta but I’m guessing not. Anything over 400 litres in bc needs an inspection and certification but here we can get away with a 5 gal Gerry can tie strapped in the trunk. As long as a welder is ticketed and it dosent leak I’m sure your good to go. Lots of guys order U.S built oversized tanks for the diesel truck with no tc inspection on them. Not sure how they would get around that if it wasn’t ligit.
might be wrong though.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perhaps in Alberta but I’m guessing not. Anything over 400 litres in bc needs an inspection and certification but here we can get away with a 5 gal Gerry can tie strapped in the trunk. As long as a welder is ticketed and it dosent leak I’m sure your good to go. Lots of guys order U.S built oversized tanks for the diesel truck with no tc inspection on them. Not sure how they would get around that if it wasn’t ligit.
might be wrong though.

I know here in Alberta you can get away with a slip tank under 400 litres to. Maybe I am looking into it to far. But it’s worth looking into.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Custom metal works … hugh 7804858998 … just off 34 avenue and 99 street

Thanks Ric...I forgot about CMW...I used them for a small project about 10 years ago.

Anyway, Hugh got it done for me. Great job. Nice guy to deal with.

Top Bottom