Fort McMurray burning

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I find sickening is some of the comments below various news articles from some of the dbags primarily out east. Between the collapse of the oil price and the Mac burning some have boners at Ab's misfortune.

On a more positive note some companies like Sobey's are matching customers donations to the Red Cross.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously don't know if it was you guys are not that give my kids gas around wandering river. You even helped out the ex wife and I won't hold that against you. Outstanding work and support. Thanks to you and whomever it was that moved fuel to get others out!!

Me and some buddies are heading up again tonight bringing water, a couple slip tanks of fuel, food and toiletries. Getting a little expensive so if anyone wants to drop anything off... ANYTHING would help.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watching news on tv mad me sick,,, unbelievable !!!

Lives turned up side down is all I can think of.

All be dam careful up there please.

Koo-doo's to you for taking on the challenge for all of us here in Alberta/ Canada.

Pal Lem

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be nice to hear from those on here actually fighting fires today. The wind is really picking up and feels like jet exhaust blowing on your skin. I still get to fly home in morning but we are over a hour north of the chaos. Friend is air traffic controller in Edmonton and said its been steady air medi vacs only coming out of the fort mac airport this morning. My son's fb page has a post from one of his buddies saying he is officially homeless. Watched the fire in his house on security camera until the signal was lost. How do you even try and understand what people must be going through.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Driving home today around 5pm on hwy 28 there was a steady stream of vehicles going the other way towards Edmonton.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Seriously don't know if it was you guys are not that give my kids gas around wandering river. You even helped out the ex wife and I won't hold that against you. Outstanding work and support. Thanks to you and whomever it was that moved fuel to get others out!!

It wasn't me.. Would have been the other guys I'm with. Western Canadian powerstrokes. They have been back and forth all night. This is my first run. Those guys have been doing awesome. Some random stranger just paid for all of our tanks... No name... Nothing.... 2 grand plus.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good job! Really impressed with all the people coming to the table. Thoughts and prayers with all the people of Fort Mac!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Can't phuckin believe some of the **** people are posting on social media. There's fawkwads out there that are happy this is happening.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda worried about Arff and the guys, I was watching the area of Fort Mac from here and around 7:45 the biggest damn plume of smoke just started for outerspace and it hasn't stopped. A lot of haze and "cloud" blocking the view but no mistake about what I seen. Looked like a damn volcano eruption!!

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Proud day to be a Western Canadian. Embarrassing day to be a Canadian after seeing what some of the comments have been on the news. I hope those pricks know what goes around comes around.

As someone who has spent many winters working up there I have always liked the place. I am awe struck by the damage to the housing and business up there. Devastating doesn't even begin to describe the loss that has happened in the past 24 hours.

Thoughts and prayers to the families affected and a big thanks to all people kicking ass at ground zero. Watch everyone's back and make it out alive.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Kinda worried about Arff and the guys, I was watching the area of Fort Mac from here and around 7:45 the biggest damn plume of smoke just started for outerspace and it hasn't stopped. A lot of haze and "cloud" blocking the view but no mistake about what I seen. Looked like a damn volcano eruption!!

He was fine as of this afternoon. I was texting him

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kind of appears like dropping water is not producing the results needed. hopefully firefighters can keep neighborhoods under control. rain or running out of burnable vegetation sounds like the only way to stop the fire.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
besides Red Cross where else can one donate funds? I tried calling them and they kept telling me to text for a $5 donation but they couldn't advise for larger amounts.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just saw on the news and it appears the airport could be done by the morning. The only hospital appears to be in trouble too.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
besides Red Cross where else can one donate funds? I tried calling them and they kept telling me to text for a $5 donation but they couldn't advise for larger amounts.

Maybe give it a couple day for organizations to get their head wrapped around things. To much chaos to even begin to find a place to start. Tough to describe the feeling or mood around here with all these people displaced living in camp. Most wander around with a vacant lost look, others on the edge of tears. Still overall everyone it holding tough and pulling together. Believe that.

SamStorm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well just came to realize something after day 2 of an evac and 24 beer. Lost everything I had in the Fort Mac fire except weight. Just looked in the mirror and realized, I'm still fat as fcuk. :S
Fire cant take it all.

For all my fellow McMurrayites, keep the chin up and be strong. Things can be replaced. People can't. Prayers and best wishes to all. We are in this together. Be strong. We will overcome.

Many thanks for the outpouring of support from people all across Canada and especially those in Alberta who helped us all. Bonnyville has been amazing to myself and our convoy of friends that arrived last night and we will never be able to repay your kindness.

Take care all.

Dwayne

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All day today Lloyd if full of truck's and enclosed trailer's filling up with supplies
to head north.Even with local economy down the drain, people are still doing what they can.
Good to see. I doubt we will see any help from the east, albertan's are on their own.

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's pretty sad that people can speak so negatively at a time like this. None of these ignorant bag lickers had a problem riding the coattails of the west over the past 20 years as we provided jobs for all Canadians and still sent countless millions of $$$ every year out east while they floundered. Karma is a bi+ch and what goes around comes around so you'll all get yours.
This will not deter us from coming together and helping each other out.

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just putting this out there ... 13087824_10208032546705100_4895430962831457137_n.jpg Near km 147 on HWY 63. Watch for AFD Petroleum. They have fuel. No charge.

Top Bottom