Fort McMurray burning

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forlane ford in Innisfail are accepting donations. Leaving Friday or Saturday depending on when trailer is full.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arff is up that way too on fire crew. Good on you dudes. Drive safe bro

Pal lem

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
besides Red Cross where else can one donate funds? I tried calling them and they kept telling me to text for a $5 donation but they couldn't advise for larger amounts.

Here's some options for helping out Fort Mac.

1.) You can donate directly to the Canadian Red Cross Alberta Fires Emergency Appeal at the link below. You can pick a pre-set donation amount or do your own.
https://donate.redcross.ca/ea-actio...330056&ea.client.id=1951&ea.campaign.id=50639

2.) Text FIRES to 45678 to donate $10 to the Canadian Red Cross' Alberta Fires Emergency Appeal **I just did this and I haven't received the confirmation text back...

3.) If you're an evacuee looking for accommodations OR if you have room to accommodate an evacuee, you need to go to this website now:

4.) Even MORE FREE accommodations are popping up on airbnb. If you have room for displaced families or are looking for a place to stay, check out some accommodations here: https://www.airbnb.ca/disaster/ftmcmurraywildfires

5.) If you'd like to volunteer your time to help with relief efforts, you can do that HERE: https://app.betterimpact.com/Application…
Donate funds HERE: https://donate.redcross.ca/ea-action/action…

6.) Microtel Inn & Suits by Wyndham are offering free rooms in Whitecourt and Bonnyville for up to 7 days, while rooms last.
If you can accommodate, you can post to this Facebook page:

7.) Kaizen Automotive Group's dealerships are collecting food, water, baby supplies and clothing donations to suport the Fort McMurray community and residents. All dealerships in Leduc, Calgary, Strathmore & Okotoks are accepting.

8.) Everett Bordie is accepting donations to fill an enclosed trailer and drop off at Northstar Ford on Saturday, May 7 at Tim Hortons by Deerfoot Mall starting at 2pm.

9.) Staff at Western Canadian Powerstrokes are willing to haul supplies of any bussinesses that are planning to donate to the people of Fort McMurray.

10.) RE/MAX First is accepting donations of clothing, toiletries, non perishable food items, water, pet food and cash. Donation cut off date is May 20 and items can be dropped off at 8820 Blackfoot Trail SE #115 in Calgary, weekdays from 9am to 5pm, weekends from 10am to 4pm.

11.) YMMHelp.com has been launched for those looking to help and those look for help. Register at YMMHelp.com now.

12.) Petland locations across Calgary are taking pet donations - pet supplies, food, water, etc.

13.) My Body Couture is holding a "gift card drive". Purchase (or donate one that you have in your home): restaurants, movies, clothing stores, gas stations. We will get these directly to affected and impacted families! Drop off or mail to: 908 17th Avenue SW, #210 (Calgary).

14.) Red Arrow Motorcoach is doing a drive for supplies like toiletries, hygiene products, baby wipes, diapers, socks and underwear (new) and pet food at their ticket office.

15.) One Stop Rentals in Airdrie is loading up trailers full of supplies to take to evacuees.

Last edited:

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Q107.3 in Calgary is doing a 24 hour marathon along with Woodbridge ford as well.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
just heard on the radio over 11 million bucks donated already thru Red Cross. That is awesome! Feds will be matching it. Love to hear when adversity hits neighbours/countrymen step up to the plate to help.

Keep in mind people these donations are being matched by the provincial government AND the national government. 5$ = 15$ . 11 million = 33 million.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard the AB government will match only up to 2 million bucks. The Feds so far have not put a cap on it.

Keep in mind people these donations are being matched by the provincial government AND the national government. 5$ = 15$ . 11 million = 33 million.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Actually while I wouldn't say RCMP will be doing anything like that I would be worried about looting if I had a home there. Hopefully there will be law enforcement and military to prevent it as they kill the fire.
My co-workers son is up there with the military their primary tasks right now include preventing looting, spray painting addresses on basement walls (where they can) and putting out hotspots.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While is is astonishing the support coming from the people in Alberta , and beyond ,it is very hard to put this in perspective ...
the size and devastation is mind numbing !

For example ,if the government and the public combine to raise 50 million $$...divide that by 80000 people ! That's 625 $a person , not counting expenses ...!!
This is a disaster of unprecedented proportions ... I only hope our governments has set aside $$$ and not spent it all on foreign aid ! Right now we need every available $ to look after our own people . It's going to be a while before these folks can stand on their own two feet again.
Thanks to everyone who has / is / will be helping out ....lord knows these folks will need it !!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While is is astonishing the support coming from the people in Alberta , and beyond ,it is very hard to put this in perspective ...
the size and devastation is mind numbing !

For example ,if the government and the public combine to raise 50 million $$...divide that by 80000 people ! That's 625 $a person , not counting expenses ...!!
This is a disaster of unprecedented proportions ... I only hope our governments has set aside $$$ and not spent it all on foreign aid ! Right now we need every available $ to look after our own people . It's going to be a while before these folks can stand on their own two feet again.
Thanks to everyone who has / is / will be helping out ....lord knows these folks will need it !!

How many billions did Truedum give to others. I would hope he matches or more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom