Fort McMurray burning

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like my nephew drove through flames with his truck and trailer to get out, thinks his house is gone.

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like my nephew drove through flames with his truck and trailer to get out, thinks his house is gone.
Glad he made it out safe, houses can always be replaced

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_2016050fire.jpg

Picture my brother took of Beacon hill on his way out.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
phuckin rain already.....travel safe and thanks to all those heading to help save the Mc

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With all I am seeing and hearing from the guys I work with that live in the Mac and My Kids finally out of harms way heading south of town Fort Mac is going to dwarf the Slave Lake incident. Beacon Hill, Waterways, Draper Road, Abasand and last I heard the core of downtown all on fire. We are starting to give up our camp rooms and sleeping in our offices to help find space so families can at least feel a little shelter and some hope. Nothing but head lights and tail lights on the highway still. Tomorrow is sizing up to be worse with gusting winds and low humidity. We've had a couple of little thunderstorms pass dropping some lightning we can only hope these do not spark more fires. I've lived and worked in Fort Mac 16 years and today is a dark dark day. Please do not think I am down playing the Slave Lake fire it was only used for comparison and honestly hope that it is the news blowing things out of proporsion again. Sadly however I don't think it is the case.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone is heading south.

Clear road going North.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did fire start? Did the wind take it so fast that there was almost no
warning to resident's?

Top Bottom