forester conditions

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Funny how there's always snow in the avy chutes that haven't let go yet... and snow that hasn't been touched since the snow started falling....:ignore: no comment.

sounds like another chance for Darwin to weed out the population

motox208

Reaction score
The snow was set up nicely with little chance of coming down after we did our checks on the snowpack.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail was getting whooped up on Sunday. Snow was crappy...was pretty warm days over the weekend. Ridden out and hardpack in most places. Windswept up on the lake. Might be some snow around here this week.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this weekend was blue bird and lots of fresh snow. watched a guy ripping across the meadow and piling into the creek below the finger slides..... ouch! saw others who could not wait for the glacier to open next weekend..... and some tracks in places I have never seen before. wow some dudes got ballz, crazy!
was not looking forward to the trail ride out but followed the groomer out yesterday, woohoo that was sweet.

skisurfmirth

Reaction score
Hi all. 1st time post. I am a skier who just got a cheap sled to access more ski terrain and use the CVHS huts. I have never been to the Dave White Hut and am unfirmiliar with the catamount glacier, not accesed from Horsetheif creek. With the opening of the glacier to sledding, is there much skier only terrian avaiable? Looking at the topo it looks like the slopes to the north of the cabin are most likely not used by sledders. I'm hoping to tour and ski some fun lines but if I have to compete with sledders for pow, I'll lose everytime. Thanks for any help or advice.

SSM

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not a skier but if I were.... Once on the glacier, head to the dome top(west) if you got the sled to make the pull. From there you can ski a mega long slope (east or west side).

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all. 1st time post. I am a skier who just got a cheap sled to access more ski terrain and use the CVHS huts. I have never been to the Dave White Hut and am unfirmiliar with the catamount glacier, not accesed from Horsetheif creek. With the opening of the glacier to sledding, is there much skier only terrian avaiable? Looking at the topo it looks like the slopes to the north of the cabin are most likely not used by sledders. I'm hoping to tour and ski some fun lines but if I have to compete with sledders for pow, I'll lose everytime. Thanks for any help or advice.

SSM

Sleds will use most of the glacier up, so sled shuttles are the way to go up there for skiing. get there early, get a bunch of laps in then head over the the dave white. also being able to sled on the glacier really makes northstar glacier a nice option to ski.
Dave white hut side is my preference for straight up ski touring. It's am hr up and down from the bottom, mostly treed, lotsa fun terrain.

KME

Reaction score
Any updates on Forester conditions? Myself and a couple of guys heading there for Friday, never been here before, I'm assuming finding staging area is not too complicated, any issues with road or staging area we should be aware of?

Thanks in advance -

motox208

Reaction score
No real fresh snow to speak of. Tracked out on the weekend. Monday was blue skies with a virtually untouched glacier. We tracked a bit of it up before we headed home. Highways going up to the glacier and thunderwater. Area is easy to navigate. Large map is in place just before you enter the riding area. Logging activity has started back up so a cb radio wouldn't hurt.

• Thanks
Reactions: KME

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were there last weekend. Catamount area just opened up and it is deadly. We were the only people riding up in there and there was tons of snow. Not sure if you know how to get up to that area, a bit sketchy but worth it.

motox208

Reaction score
A buddy of mine was out he said socked in all day Saturday with foot and a half of fresh snow

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Rode forester today. Spend most of it on catamount. Blue skies.

Trail in is fading fast.but was groomed night before
Not much snow till a little ways past the staging area
Staging area is mud. Spring conditions for sure

mtnman

Reaction score
Planning on going Friday/ Sat. Its been hot all week, and they are golfing in Radium already.

Anyone know how far up the trail is dirt now? What's it like past the first cabin ? Open creeks?

Thanks.

Top Bottom