forester conditions

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be there tomorrow for a day ride. Picking my sled up from Renegade after some minor upgrades :) and one buddy renting a sled for the day ( ex local but no sled anymore). Hoping for some decent snow.

Keeperswilly

Reaction score
Thanks to the boys that took us up on Catameran.
Not sure what you expect taking a pickup to an Esso to be fixed, your kinda lucky they actually did it for you and didn't turn you away. Also, I'm assuming your talking about Catamount which is a glacier at Forster, and is not supposed to be accessed by snowmobile.
I'm headed to Invermere to spend new years with the family and hoping that some of the snow that hit Revy and Golden ended up there as well. Keep the updates coming!

Last edited:

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i'm hearing mixed reports about the Esso. It was explained to me that the sign about the Glaciers is worded wrong and we are allow up there. I'm not a local but the locals said u are allow up there. My first visit. Maybe a Local could post an explanation on that subject.
Thanks

wilsonck

Reaction score
Well i'm hearing mixed reports about the Esso. It was explained to me that the sign about the Glaciers is worded wrong and we are allow up there. I'm not a local but the locals said u are allow up there. My first visit. Maybe a Local could post an explanation on that subject.
Thanks

Don't listen to them all. I bet they would love for you to go up there and make more bad names for us sledders. For as long as I can remember, they have been off limits even though many still go up there. I am not a local though and could be wrong.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The glaciers are off limits to sleds, ski tour only. The club put in a request to gain access, but I have not heard if it has been approved.

groomergirl

Reaction score
We were up forester to the cabin yesterday. Our first time up the trail so were not too sure where the trail went once the grooming stopped and we were first up the trail with about 8 inches new snow. We were just ready to turn back when another group showed up and we followed them in.(THANKS TO WHOEVER YOU WERE). we only had gas and time to ride to the cabin but the group went onto ride in the meadows. There was lots of snow cover back there and it was snowing hard when we left. The trail in is well covered with only small throttle bumps. The trail into the cabin had throttle bumps big enough to bury a sled in. That part was not much fun. There was a truck parked in the AM collecting trail fes. It he was gone later in the day. We hope that he was really with the local club as there was also a box to deposit trail fees into at the trail head. Well worth the drive. Nice cabin and the meadow looked like a great place to play.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pulled into fairmont about an hour ago. Hopefully the snow conditions down here are no indication of whats up top.

Reaction score
Panorama has had 10cms a night the past 3 nights, and forster usually gets double or triple that amount, so the snow should be good. However Avy Danger is HIGH! If you go, stay in the meadows, play safe!

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ended up going to paradise because we couldn't get up the first hill going to forester. made it about 3/4 the way and slid all the way back down to the bottom. paradise had 30cm fresh. was still a descent day as the sun poked through in the afternoon. Anybody know what the road condition is like going to forester now that it was pretty warm for the afternoon?

All4Traction

Reaction score
Anyone heading out around Radium tomorrow? Forester? Paradise? Ive been to Forester a few years ago.

I'm staying with some family in town (all skiiers...) I'm by myself looking to tag along with a group. I'm a good experienced rider, no need to babysit.

Last edited:

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ended up going to paradise because we couldn't get up the first hill going to forester. made it about 3/4 the way and slid all the way back down to the bottom. paradise had 30cm fresh. was still a descent day as the sun poked through in the afternoon. Anybody know what the road condition is like going to forester now that it was pretty warm for the afternoon?
If you take west side road from Invermere you will be ok. It is maintained and sanded to Twin Lakes, you only need to go to Dogleg(advised if you are pulling a 4 place and no chains). The road past the mill in Radium is no longer maintained as it was Canfor's responsibility but now the mill is closed and nobody is stepping up to deal with 9km of road!!!
Chains are standard in most toolboxes in these parts;)

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was that the hill out of radium you slid down? yikes!

Ya we got a little squirley going down that hill. After you cross the second bridge theres a curve to the right that goes right into a hill. Thats the one we couldn't make it. We might have to try coming from invermere tomorrow.

vic

Reaction score
If you take west side road from Invermere you will be ok. It is maintained and sanded to Twin Lakes, you only need to go to Dogleg(advised if you are pulling a 4 place and no chains). The road past the mill in Radium is no longer maintained as it was Canfor's responsibility but now the mill is closed and nobody is stepping up to deal with 9km of road!!!
Chains are standard in most toolboxes in these parts;)
Pano-dude is right best to have chains,I have seen it icey coming in from Invermere also but it's a better road.I think there is a bit of a climb after the river crossing.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can recall a few years ago that there is a cattle guard 1/2 way down the trail to the upper parking lot.

It was a 2 foot drop into it and broke the a frame on my trailer. U didn't dare slow down cause u wouldnt get going again.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode forster on saturday. Was easy to get in from the invermere side. trail was great and snow was pretty good. Found some great snow in the trees in one of the meadows.

Top Bottom