forester conditions

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The creek is open in many spots all year, with over 6' of snow there is plenty of base. Wind has been the biggest issue this year, it keeps stripping the snow off everything. Makes for great tree riding.
I heard sleds are getting up behind the Dave White hut on the east side of the creek, this in my mind is ski tour terrain. It may or may not be official but I'd like to ask sledders to leave this small spot to the human powered users. Plenty of space for everyone.:beer:

Good luck. Not sure if your aware of the party palace. locals only. and we all know they don't follow any rules up that valley, they also encourge any person that does not know better to violate as well!

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pano- you heard anything on the white line addiction? heard its got violation orders and is scheduled to be burnt down this winter?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck. Not sure if your aware of the party palace. locals only. and we all know they don't follow any rules up that valley, they also encourge any person that does not know better to violate as well!
some locals follow the rules....

RushtheRocks

Reaction score
Just looking for an update on the conditions....and is the road past the mill impassible with a four place enclosed and chained to the nutz??

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looking for an update on the conditions....and is the road past the mill impassible with a four place enclosed and chained to the nutz??
Big snowfall and super cold all week, warm temps today and puking in town right now. Last weekend there was lots of kaos on the hill past the mill. I would either chain up at the bridge or go to Invermere and back track on west side road.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as far as I know, every time i've been in there this year the trail has been really good.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hehe got a few on the go pro, GOPR0989.jpg it was snowing so hard most are white and I didn't stop riding long enough to take any with the camera

rode all day didn't get out of the meadow yesterday:d

Last edited:

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey , is the creek or river completelyFilled in with snow now ??Or is their soft spots still ?

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few of us are going there in a couple weekends and will be the first time to the area, which is the better area to ride? and could someone reccomend a place to stay under 100 bucks a night with good parking.

thanks- any links to some trail maps?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tourism radium has maps online, not great but thats all there is that I know of.

Forester is easy to find, trail has been in great shape and is relatively stable as long as you use common sense.

trannyguy

Reaction score
Road to Forester
Is the road to forester staging area in reasonable shape (chains needed or not) if you go straight through the 4 way at Radium rather than going all the way to Invermere? If any one has been there recently could you please let me know.
Thanks

proretro

Reaction score
was up there on saturday and the road from Radium was not bad and the trail up from the staging area was awesome hats off to the guys looking after it.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what are the road conditions from the old lumber yard headed up the hill like these days? still icey, or has it melted down to gravel with all the warm temps?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So were in the forestor "area" for a ride today. Bumper deep most of the day. Sunny and warm,all day today. Awesome really, not sure what everyone is complaing about ;). Snow conditions right now are very stable I would say with a good snow pack. Seems like a lot of sugar snow 4ft down. No pictures to show, but I got a lot of tree bark on the sled today.

Top Bottom