Ford/GM/Dodge DPF Filters

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately some moron came up with the theory, it is not how much goes in the tank it is what comes out the tail pipe. theory can be argued a hundred different ways. ( i currently have a DPF delete on my 2008 f-350) I had to remove this ch!t it just killed me when I went into regen and watched my fuel gage lunge for the E. I am happy I did, but there will come a day when this delete is likely not an option.

I am sold on the theory that it will get better, I think the Urea injection is a huge step forward to keep the DPF cleaner for much longer durations beween active regens.

If thinking that helps you live with the current DPF system LOL! Urea is just another step in the wrong direction and gaurenteed will have as much or MORE problems then the DPF. Not to mention even more operating costs.

All these new diesels emissions is a bunch of BS, I will go back to a gasser before I will have a diesel with that crap.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sure it wount be long now b4 we get some crazy thing like that DPF filter or some other crazy thing that we gotta put on the exaust system for are gas motors too .

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[rant]All this wouldn't have started if it wasn't for Kalifornia and the other states that support CARB laws. Now Quebec is going to be implementing same emission rules and regulations as Kalifornia.

The sad part is there is so much legislative regulations against the auto industry that pretty soon we will all be back to riding bicycles.

Who they should be going after is countries like China that are polluting at such an alarming rate its inconceivable.[/end rant]

SLAYERMIKE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the urea(cat piss) injection is to lower NOx levels to meet the new regs not reduce particulates so that wont help the DPF the 6.7 cummins already meets the new regs without urea injection! the oem's really need to step up the quality of these filters! ATS diesel is testing a high performance DPF with more time between cleans but the delete is the way to go until they start sniffing our pipes up here

Top Bottom