Ford/GM/Dodge DPF Filters

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, the whole way back from the Braz rally, Rons truck read "cleaning filter" I suggested that something might be wrong but Ron insisted its just really dirty.....

I think I might have been right with my diagnosis, sorry for your luck dude. Glad it didn't happen when we were on the highway though! Although, I probably could have drove my quad to my parents :D

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The DPF's in all the new trucks are a joke. The Dodge's still got their problems, my dads has died on the highway, ZERO warning. One day started it and it was in limp mode, wouldn't move. These "new" trucks are so unrelieable it's not even funny. The only way to solve the DPF problems is a sawsall, or a match and some gas......My dad found if you kept the RPM's really high like 2,500+ in the city it will clean itself out. And drive it like you stole it :d He's finally wiseing up and getting rid of the thing, and won't be buying another diesel with a DPF.

They aren't diesels anymore. A diesel you can leave it idle all day long and it won't phase it one bit.

I love my 5.9 Cummins :d

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 08 duramax lost its DPF somewhere. I think it happened about 35000km ago, but cant say forsure, I thought I ran something over one night. lol. Best thing that ever happened to it is all I know.

TRAV

Reaction score
From what I've heard the big 3 are all having problems with the DPF's in the diesels, it just depends on driving style and the type of driving. Just wait till the 2010's, is going to get worse for all diesels.

mx216

Reaction score
Ha ford. They wont warranty anything. I work at a GM dealer and I've put three cat back exhaust kits that get rid of the dpf filter on the new GMs wit the ppe programmer to get rid of the reburn. No warranty issues and they work great. All three guys loved them.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha ford. They wont warranty anything. I work at a GM dealer and I've put three cat back exhaust kits that get rid of the dpf filter on the new GMs wit the ppe programmer to get rid of the reburn. No warranty issues and they work great. All three guys loved them.

I'll have it in writing before I get it done.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lost mine somewhere along the road in my 08 F350 about 40000km ago too, it was great i get 22mpg now and 550hp, 15mpg pullin my 11k lbs fifth wheel.
the custom tuning isnt cheep to do with the ford, but its unditectable when i put if back to stock if i need warrenty.

hintonite

Reaction score
I have 2 o8 f350s. One has a delete kit in it and get as much as 24mpg. The other with out gets 10mpg on a good day. If i pull my trailer (12k) i get 14mpg with delete and 6mpg with the filtered truck. The delete truck has been fool proof but the stock truck is going away and i am going to try a new dodge. The stock unit has been in the shop than out. I hope the dodge is better. I picked up the cat/dpf delete pipe and tuner off ebay for 1350. took about an hour to install.

Last edited:

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in 2010 I thought they wear going so stop using the DPF filters and go to some kinda chemical that you have to get refilled every time you get and oil change or some thing like that to get rid of emisions.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In 2010 there goin with urea injection and a dpf but the dpf's won't be as restrictive and the urea will allow the trucks to run "dirtier" which will give us better fuel mileage and allow for the trucks to make more power and still make emissions regs

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In 2010 there goin with urea injection and a dpf but the dpf's won't be as restrictive and the urea will allow the trucks to run "dirtier" which will give us better fuel mileage and allow for the trucks to make more power and still make emissions regs

Agco farm equipment will be using this idea in the near future.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked the 2011 fords are going to use that chemical with the 6.7L power stroke once they ditch internatinal and go to there own in house built motor. they think it will be released in the summer of 2010.

cutty72

Reaction score
I looked the 2011 fords are going to use that chemical with the 6.7L power stroke once they ditch internatinal and go to there own in house built motor. they think it will be released in the summer of 2010.

Should hit lots by late April!

I'm really looking forward to this new engine, hoping it's better than the formers. There hasn't been a good one since the 7.3 IMO.

And, if the DPF and urea injection are still causing probs, I'll just call up Spartan and get the easy fix.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem most owners have is not getting the computer reflashed to the new improved software, and the dealers won't do it unless there is a problem. when I first got my 07 I hated it, it was always wanting me to clean the filter, now with the latest flash, I havn't seen a message, I can idle my truck as long as i want and get decent fuel milage.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with all this talk about DPF and chemical burn to clean up emissions, one has to wonder, where is the benefit to all this crap. burn more fuel to clean up emissions, BS, energy cannot be created nor destroyed it can only be altered or harnessed. burning more fuel cannot reduce emissions your still converting energy from one form to another. as to cleaning up emissions by burning chemical. come on, ask any pot head about burning chemical.

Last edited:

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with all this talk about DPF and chemical burn to clean up emissions, one has to wonder, where is the benefit to all this crap. burn more fuel to clean up emissions, BS, energy cannot be created nor destroyed it can only be altered or harnessed. burning more fuel cannot reduce emissions your still converting energy from one form to another. as to cleaning up emissions by burning chemical. come on, ask any pot head about burning chemical.

X2....How can it be a cleaner vehicle when it burns twice the fuel???

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2....How can it be a cleaner vehicle when it burns twice the fuel???

Unfortunately some moron came up with the theory, it is not how much goes in the tank it is what comes out the tail pipe. theory can be argued a hundred different ways. ( i currently have a DPF delete on my 2008 f-350) I had to remove this ch!t it just killed me when I went into regen and watched my fuel gage lunge for the E. I am happy I did, but there will come a day when this delete is likely not an option.

I am sold on the theory that it will get better, I think the Urea injection is a huge step forward to keep the DPF cleaner for much longer durations beween active regens.

Top Bottom