Ford/GM/Dodge DPF Filters

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Im not impressed with this new not so good technology that is called a DPF filter. This doesn't just cost fuel economy, but other things. I think with all the extra fuel the trucks are using this is harder on the enviroment, as well as the additional fuel for the tow truck that has to tow your truck to the dealer.

I was on the way to the car wash just entering the building, my truck display said, shutting down safley, well it wasn't too safe, it just quit, no power steering and not much for brakes. Thanks to the guy who dragged me out of the line. And to AMA for there assistance. They brought out a flatdeck truck and took my truck back to my office which was only a few blocks away. I thought is was a security issue or somthing. So I got my extra key and tried, unhooked battery and then rehooked up. And nothing. So I got my code reader and found a few new codes, one of them said overheated catalyst, engine shut down. The rest are sensors. Well, looks like I need another tow, so called AMA again, and there policy is 1 tow per breakdown, but they overlooked that and towed me to the dealer. So now Im out a truck. The driver has recently seen this alot to all the Big Three manufactures, there filters are all plugging up and leaving the driver stranded. This is as stupid as all the additional fuel and other problems that arise from this.:rant:

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
gotta tell u the truth
we never had one towed in so far for plugged up dpfs at least the dodges u be able to drive them to the dealer just have a lack of power
so dont really know about the fords and chevs

thing what u might wanna ask urself y u need to drive that big truck in town ???

theres still so many peeps out there with new diesels which dont understand the manual on how too drive the new diesel engines in order to prevent plug ups

amunro

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I pulled mine and installed the Edge Chip to remove the DPF The best money i have ever spent. I gained 2 -3 MPGS and i dont have to worry about that darn filter
Cya

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have gotten the pull over safely message twice then it dies and won't even turn over to start. After it sat on the side of the road for an hour and then as soon as i moved the truck by towing with another truck i hit the key and it fired up. The first time after I got it started i drove it for a week before I took it into the shop. my dpf has been changed 3 times in 34000 kms and the catalytic was changed once.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the Ferds, but I have heard one good thing with the Dodge 6.7 for about $1000 you can get the DPF delete and tuner and pump out over 450HP and have excellent mileage. You can also unplug the EGR for a bonus as well.

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried to restart after 1 hr and after 5, the dpf was being cleaned all day yesterday, and it blew clouds of blue in the morning just before. Not my problem now its Fords.

I think the truck being moved is what allowed mine to start again. A soon as the wheels started to roll I turned the key and it started. It may be fords problem but your still outta truck until they fix it that sucks. Frickin emissions bs

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the Ferds, but I have heard one good thing with the Dodge 6.7 for about $1000 you can get the DPF delete and tuner and pump out over 450HP and have excellent mileage. You can also unplug the EGR for a bonus as well.

You can do the same to a ford but it costs abit more but you can end up 500hp +

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DPFs suck! They are the reason I bought an '07! I'd do whatever you can to dump the DPF without risking your warrenty!

S

stripe

i guess the old saying found on road deas is just about right hahahahaahah :d

Top Bottom