Fix Kit Install First Timer

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, something is a miss. A compression test may tell us something. Have you Checked all the electrical connections?

Need to check compression tomorrow. What should I expect for numbers? I believe the service manual says 120. Haven't checked anything electrical yet, what would you check?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes 120-130 after a rebuild. Throttle full open and about 5 pulls on a cold motor

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes 120-130 after a rebuild. Throttle full open and about 5 pulls on a cold motor

If they happened to be different by even 5psi, does that mean my ring gap consistency was poor on install?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You plug caps push on nice and tight? You got good ngk plugs?

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really couldn't diagnose exactly for you but if you were 5psi difference between the two i would pop it open and start looking for something off.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need to check compression tomorrow. What should I expect for numbers? I believe the service manual says 120. Haven't checked anything electrical yet, what would you check?

Everything and anything you took apart.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your idle is good and the full throttle is staying strong I doubt you have a piston or ring issue. Definitely do the compression test though. Go over the electrical, look closely at the pins inside each connector you took apart and the power valves again.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Idle holds steady and top end pulls hard.Good info, thanks again guys. Going to do a compression test tomorrow, and go through everything again to make sure I've got everything how it should be.

On a good note, the rest of my setup including the 3" is awesome...just walks up lines the old 2.4 would of struggled on

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update. Checked compression, Both sides are at 105. Glad they are tr same but seems low considering I kept the rings on the small side of the mtn spec with 0.021-0.022. Any thoughts?

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting enough my brothers pro has 96 on the pto and 98 on the mag...I think my gauge is wonky. Based on the fact I think his should be 110 at least (stock pro with 600 miles) that would put mine at 117ish

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting enough my brothers pro has 96 on the pto and 98 on the mag...I think my gauge is wonky. Based on the fact I think his should be 110 at least (stock pro with 600 miles) that would put mine at 117ish

I was going to suggest you do this. Your gauge is very suspect. Keep looking.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Put a thimble of oil in the cylinder and see if it increases. A gauge is just a gauge if you truly have blow by. A thimble of oil should increase the compression.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a thimble of oil in the cylinder and see if it increases. A gauge is just a gauge if you truly have blow by. A thimble of oil should increase the compression.

Going to pick up a new gauge and try this as well. After that the other thing I did was clean the power valves, open those up and double check that they are working. If they are not opening and something is block could be a reason for my low end power loss and then sudden throttle response

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took apart the power valves, found a piece torn on the inside on my pto side bellow. Not sure if this would cause the issues im having but I'm going to buy 2 new bellows and springs. Cause why not at this point lol

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took apart the power valves, found a piece torn on the inside on my pto side bellow. Not sure if this would cause the issues im having but I'm going to buy 2 new bellows and springs. Cause why not at this point lol

This is your issue, or a least a good start.

Here is what I have done to get the valve out. I'm sure others have other ways but this works for me.

That Valve is difficult to Remove and install as you know. I loosen the steering post off. (two bolts by the valve). Then you can pull it sideways and out of the way. Take the black cap off and using a 10mm wrench loosen the bellow nut. Just let the valve bind in its hole to do this. Then remove the bellow and the rest of the valve. Installation is the reversal while using loctite on the bellow nut. The valve will only go in one way.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
0d9834e5590441ff48d616955dd5dfb5.jpg
b05363e809c821230d847e0c6a6ec7a8.jpg

Inner ring has a small tear

Top Bottom