First ride of the season??

framtam

Reaction score
When and where do you guys go to start off the sledding season? (with a decent amount of snow)

November? Revelstoke?

I realize it's August, but I'm getting impatient! :cool:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Revi on the first week of November. Last hr we got burnt though. No snow. We booked a chopper and landed in the alpine at caribou basin. Keystone. Mount hall. And boulder. There was only a couple feet up the and only at the top. But most yrs we r on 3-5 feet with no base in early November.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When and where do you guys go to start off the sledding season? (with a decent amount of snow)

November? Revelstoke?

I realize it's August, but I'm getting impatient! :cool:

Last weekend of November in revy.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Manatee

Reaction score
Revi on the first week of November. Last hr we got burnt though. No snow. We booked a chopper and landed in the alpine at caribou basin. Keystone. Mount hall. And boulder. There was only a couple feet up the and only at the top. But most yrs we r on 3-5 feet with no base in early November.

You had a chopper take you around to all those places? I don't even want to know what the bill was for that.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That counts as awesome!

Where abouts was that? If it's within 4 hours of Calgary, I wanna know where!

Right on the west coast aka the best coast ;)

we probed well over 10' of snow and there will be that much base ready for the fresh pow pow in 8 weeks. I had another thread here with a couple of pics

It's way less than 4 hours from calgary .. on a plane :)

framtam

Reaction score
Right on the west coast aka the best coast ;)

we probed well over 10' of snow and there will be that much base ready for the fresh pow pow in 8 weeks. I had another thread here with a couple of pics

It's way less than 4 hours from calgary .. on a plane :)

I don't think my sled meets the maximum baggage dimensions....

If you probed 10', why can't you ride year round??

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think my sled meets the maximum baggage dimensions....

If you probed 10', why can't you ride year round??

who said I couldn't ? :)

Matter of fact, going to rebuild the motor and take her out for a break in / test ride sometime in mid September !

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Smithers last season Nov. 11th. well over 7 feet at that time. Great powder !! Who know's this season......

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda depends on snowpack - usually try and go out west sicamous / revy area. Last year went out first week december - still had to be careful of landmines - would make out for Shi$$ty year if you were down for repairs. Two weeks later christmas / newyears break was awesome !! Year before at the same time had to go out to caribou basin for snow and still had to go around creeks to get to the snow - just depends on the snowmaker !! lol

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was taken Nov. 1st last year.... really hoping for a repeat this fall!! :) DIGI0022.jpg

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It won't be until December for me unless the snow in November is stupid epic. After watching my buddy destroy the nun on his REV last november, I'll hold off. November is designated for hunting for me.

Manatee

Reaction score
It won't be until December for me unless the snow in November is stupid epic. After watching my buddy destroy the nun on his REV last november, I'll hold off. November is designated for hunting for me.

Agreed. Perhaps if I lived right there, I'd head up for a ride or two. But since I have to make the 12 hour trek out to Revy, I usually wait until at least December when the snow is really good. I too like to go out and kill my dinner during the month of November.

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shooting for nov 11 this year, in smithers. did the weekend after last year it was awsome

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First ride last season was Jan 7th. I hope to go earlier this season. Will be hunting in November, the same as some of you. But I hope to Be heading to somewhere in B.C late November (after I get my deer) or early December!

Top Bottom