First date, engagement, etc. stories!!!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you guys originally from the Rimbey area? I grew up on a farm near Rimbey, what a town eh? lol

My husband is a lifer- born and raised here. I am an import from the Northern Mountains of BC... but I love it here. (Everything except having to travel so far to get to the mountains and sled). You might know my hubby- Jeremy Maser. His parents/family are from Gull Lake area. He is younger than me (30), so maybe you would be familiar with him?

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bogger I'm crying like a baby...that's a great story!.
I proposed at the campsite with a small 'red-devil' hook attatched to a ring and we've been together ever since...she probably thought I was sensitive because I took the barbs off and thats' what sold her!:cool:

I am killing myself laughing at how the boys are jumping on here to tell their sweet little stories... wonder if they'd feel as comfortable posting in the "Manly Man" section of this forum??? Keep it coming boys- we know you are really teddy bears in disguise :p:p

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My husband is a lifer- born and raised here. I am an import from the Northern Mountains of BC... but I love it here. (Everything except having to travel so far to get to the mountains and sled). You might know my hubby- Jeremy Maser. His parents/family are from Gull Lake area. He is younger than me (30), so maybe you would be familiar with him?

Nope can't say that I do, i'm quite a bit younger but I went to school in Bentley. Rimbey was closer though for our immenities and such, and I did go to pre-school/kindergarten there aswell. I really do love it there too and I miss the farm a lot, we were right in Blindman Valley in the Sunset Hills..just off Lockhart road if your familiar with that area..sorta between Rimbey,Sylvan and Bentley. Beautiful area. My Dad just recently bought some land in Falun close to Rimbey to retire there, not quite as nice as the farm but it will do!

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics from our engagement I found...

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 54
  • GetAttachment2.jpg
    GetAttachment2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 52
  • GetAttachment3.jpg
    GetAttachment3.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 57

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So... here's the story of how Jer and I met:

Rimbey has a lovely little hotel named "The Grand" that even looks dirty with the lights off. We met on a fateful Sunday night as a friend and I gathered for a farewell drink before she moved home to Quebec. My handsome future husband rolled in the door with a few of his 4x4 friends, ordered a round and sat down in a booth under the window. He was covered in mud, had a huge 12 year-old grin, and mostly ch!t-faced. Not many minutes later he was fast asleep... Turns out, he managed to wake up long enough to ask around about me, and even invited me to go dirtbiking the next day.

We never really talked much during our biking adventure as he was painfully shy. He kept headbutting me with his helmet and I was quite puzzled; I found out later that he was trying to kiss me. We arranged another date, but my horse went into labor and I cancelled on him. He figured I ditched him. A couple hours later, I phoned back to see if he still wanted to go- I figured the horse could take forever to foal, and he may not be around if I didnt get my arse in gear.

Less than a year later, we got engaged in Banff. I had always wanted to get engaged on a ski hill, but it was such a beautiful day that I wouldn't stop skiing and sit down when he asked. (Obviously, I had no clue what he was up to!) I just kept yelling behind me, "We can sit on the chairlift!" and skiing away. He was way too nervous to pull out a ring on the chairlift in case he dropped it. So, that night when I ordered dinner at the Keg, a lovely diamond ring arrived in my Billy Miner Pie. I laughed hysterically until my cheeks hurt and he thought I was gonna say no! I finally managed the word yes... I can honestly say that was the only time I have been speechless and the only time I have never eaten dessert!

Now we are in year 8 together, have 3 little girls...

AAAWWWW! Who knew Jer was such a shy romantic?

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wife and I met as kids and attended K to 12 together dating off & on through junior high but always remained great friends. Shortly after high school and dating other people we figured it out - I followed her out here to Alberta and we lived together for three years before I asked the question on New Years Day 2002. We got hitched that fall and the rest is history. It's funny to look in old photo albums from when we were growing up and see each other in our B-day party pics etc... No surprises in this relationship.

Can't wait for this weekend to finally be back to living together again as she has been away attending school in Kelowna for the last 18 months. It's been tough but she was ready for a career change and this is what it took. Really looking forward to having her around again - only seeing each other every 6 to 8 weeks has been rough.

found

Reaction score
Met Albert (Lost) on a blind date when I was 16 at a high school xmas dance. Knew he was the one at first sight and he finally proposed 5 years later while we were driving down the Sherwood Park Freeway and we were married 3 months later.

sledbunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, here goes the story... I first met my hubby way back when I was 15 years old in the bar (don't get the wrong idea.. I wasn't a badass or anything). It just what we did back then. I hung around him and his friends whenever they were in the bar (one must remember that he was 23 years old then). We never started dating until my 19th bday. A year later on my bday we were married. That was 22 and 3 kids ago.. Wow how time fly's when your having fun.:)

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is our story... Garry overkill131313 & I met when we were both 13 my parents one year out at our place in B.C. decided to buy the family a sled...we bought it off Garry. His mom made him take myself & 2 younger sisters up the mountain...he did not want to take 3 girls up the hill lol. we dated long distance from B.C. to AB for 4yrs we were even engaged but broke up. we both moved on kept in contact some what both got married both had a child both got divorced! now both free 20+ years later this past Feb. we could not hide the fact that we were more then friends in our hearts. so we are starting over 20+ years later a little more gray hair, allot wiser and 100% in love. i cant imagine my life with out him in it. every time i look at him i get butterfly's and when he sleds watching him...well he is the hottest man ever in my eyes. now i dream about the day we will ask me to marry him for the 2nd and final time. i dont believe in soul mates but i do believe in God & the plans he has for us and the fact that he has the perfect mate for each one of us...some of us it just takes longer to see they may have been in front of us all along.

Attachments

• ussm.jpg
    ussm.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 489

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is our story... Garry & I met when we were both 13 my parents one year out at our place in B.C. decided to buy the family a sled...we bought it off Garry. His mom made him take myself & 2 younger sisters up the mountain...he did not want to take 3 girls up the hill lol. we dated long distance from B.C. to AB for 4yrs we were even engaged but broke up. we both moved on kept in contact some what both got married both had a child both got divorced! now 20+ years later this past Feb. we could not hide the fact that we were more then friends in our hearts. so we are starting over 20+ years later a little more gray hair, allot wiser and 100% in love. i cant imagine my life with out him in it. i dont believe in soul mates but i do believe in God & the plans he has for us and the fact that he has the perfect mate for each one of us...some of us it just takes longer to see they were there in front of us all along.

and all along i thought he was from the trailer park lol

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well even if he was lol i would love him no matter what he is the most wonderful talented and patient man (even while im stuck sledding) you could not pay me enough to give him up!
and all along i thought he was from the trailer park lol

dum wons

Reaction score
here is our story... Garry overkill131313 & I met when we were both 13 my parents one year out at our place in B.C. decided to buy the family a sled...we bought it off Garry. His mom made him take myself & 2 younger sisters up the mountain...he did not want to take 3 girls up the hill lol. we dated long distance from B.C. to AB for 4yrs we were even engaged but broke up. we both moved on kept in contact some what both got married both had a child both got divorced! now both free 20+ years later this past Feb. we could not hide the fact that we were more then friends in our hearts. so we are starting over 20+ years later a little more gray hair, allot wiser and 100% in love. i cant imagine my life with out him in it. every time i look at him i get butterfly's and when he sleds watching him...well he is the hottest man ever in my eyes. now i dream about the day we will ask me to marry him for the 2nd and final time. i dont believe in soul mates but i do believe in God & the plans he has for us and the fact that he has the perfect mate for each one of us...some of us it just takes longer to see they were there in front of us all along. i love you honey!
That is so nice to hear...i should let my friend read it...she is involved with a man that was once her stalker...like seriously, isn't that crazy, maybe if she reads this thread she will know to wait for the right guy...Regards,

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Met hubby at work way back in 1986. I did not like him at the time, he was to wild for me, I am the stay at home kind. Anyway after a year of getting to know him better and starting to really like him, he asked me to babysit his toddler one evening (he was now divorced). That started the ball rolling. Kept the relationship quiet at work, finally moved in together after 2 years. In the summer of '90 we were camping at the brazeau dam, doing some fishing etc. While we were on the shore having a snack I had to go potty so I went behind some bushes and when I was coming back to the beach he was on his knees with a ring. The funny thing was that the ring was in the tackle box the whole time and I never noticed it when I was in there getting a different hook. Been married since Jan. 26, 1991( hey anniversary coming up).

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so.....in other words safe to say it was a good catch..haha...maybe a little dry, but you know. (its getting late)

bansheesrule

Reaction score
Just Letting all you ladies and a few guys know that my wedding is like 12 days away and i will get some pics on here for all to see as soon as i can.

We are using our quads but i do get to have my old chevy in the pics!!
Wish me luck!!hahahahhajk

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow! Banshee- that kinda snuck up you huh?!? You dont need luck... Have an amazing day!!

bansheesrule

Reaction score
Ya it's right around the corner. Ican't wait.

What i meant to say is that we aren't using our quads, too bad we may even have half_a$$ wheather

Top Bottom