• boyd&tcomp.jpg
    boyd&tcomp.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 388
  • random 006.jpg
    random 006.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 401

bansheesrule

Reaction score
Im pretty new on here but i also have a porposal story.

All of this year i had been working away in BC, so i hadn't been around much and it was creeping o like 4 and half yrs for my gf and i. long story short i bought a ring on ebay and carried it around forever to wait for the right time to ask her... it came in aug of this year, we went for a ride to pass the time at Vega Sandhills and we came to this swamp and enjoyed the view and heat. Just as she was getting on her quad i got down on my knee and asked her to be my wife..... our wedding is on Feb 27..

downside was only rode for like 15 mins!!!! jk
I even think that i may have a pic of the spot!....there in a album on my profile

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow there are some real cute proposal stories!! I hope that I will be able to share one someday soon! Hehe. Our 4 year anniversary is coming up in a week! :)

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So my story is a bit cheesy and stretches over 2 years... oh well!!

On my 18th birthday, a friend of mine who was underage and disappointed that she couldn't come to the bar with Heather and I, invited us over to her sister's house to play poker. Turns out the sister had ulterior motives and just wanted to introduce me to some of the guys that were playing poker. One of the boys was Kevin. So we all played poker, drank wayyyyy too much, and had a great time. The sister pulled me aside and asked me what i thought of the other guy, and i told her i was totally interested in Kevin... Poker ends, Kevin wins he drives Heather and I to the bar. When we are getting out, he hands her his poker winnings and says "party like rockstars tonight ladies". By this time, i am hammered, and i wanted him to come to the bar with us and have fun... he politely declined and said he had other plans (what would that be at midnight?) ... I asked him if he was going home to take care of his baby (this i didn't find out till much later), he was not! fewf!

We met up a few more times during my 18th birthday party binge... nothing really transpired.

When i went to college that September, we texted a few times, he took me to a hockey game and got me drunker than I've ever been, went to the peelers, got McDonald, took me back home.... We had a hoot... then we lost touch (new cell phone, no cell numbers etc)

In my second year of college, I had a conversation with my roommate Heather (yes, my best friend from high school, the same one from my 18th birthday party), where i told her for some reason i just couldn't get Kevin out of my head, and that i was sure he was the one who got away. At some point, Kevin got facebook and we started reconnecting over facebook. We talked frequently, sending messages back and forth several times a day. Shortly thereafter, i came home for reading week. I was out for a few drinks with one of my friends who went to school in Lloyd, Kevin and I were facebooking, he gave me his cell number. So i started texting him, we agreed that he would come and have a shot with us after he finished clearing the driveway (what i didn't realize was that he had a huuuge driveway and he was doing it with the skidsteer). By the time he was done, showered and on his way to town i had sent him a text begging him to hurry up because there was a creepy guy trying to hit on me.

When Kevin got to the lounge, my heart skipped a beat, i had butterflies and i just knew something good was going to happen. We ended up spending the whole night talking, our friends went to the bar - we went too, but talked the whole time. Once i got back to my parents house we started texting... we texted until 5 in the morning. I had to work at the shop the next day, so it was time to go to bed...

I was supposed to leave Saturday after work to go back to the city for a friends birthday pu***awl, but changed my mind after texting Kevin all day. He invited me over to his place to watch a movie that night. I went brought 2 awesome movies with me - we didn't watch one minute of either of them. I was at his place until the next morning, neither of us slept a minute we just talked all night long.

After that the rest is history... We have been inseparable for nearly 2 years now. He is the love of my life and my soulmate. I wouldn't give back one minute of my time with him, in fact I would give anything to have more time with him.

There is no ring yet.... but I have a suspicion that it's on it's way!

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I found a few more, some "oldies" one from a Bantrel x-mas party a couple years back and one from Vancouver Island.. yes.. we do have lots of pics together :p

Attachments

• random 002.jpg
    random 002.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 56
  • random 003.jpg
    random 003.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 49

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crossing my fingers for you :p

Ohwell it's been 4 years already, i'm obviously fairly patient:p I know he isn't scared of commitment, we talk about how we want our wedding planned, kids, etc all that sort of stuff like it's already in the works. I think he's just waiting for the "right" time ? lol I think it may happen after we buy a house together and get out of our tiny apartment and "move on" in life, but i'm not complaining.. im happy as can be the way we are now!

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ohwell it's been 4 years already, i'm obviously fairly patient:p I know he isn't scared of commitment, we talk about how we want our wedding planned, kids, etc all that sort of stuff like it's already in the works. I think he's just waiting for the "right" time ? lol I think it may happen after we buy a house together and get out of our tiny apartment and "move on" in life, but i'm not complaining.. im happy as can be the way we are now!

It took Cale 5 years to propose to me... :rolleyes: It was worth the wait though :d

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup I totally agree Piggy, I do not want to rush into anything, especially when we are happy as it is, I mean, we've lived together for almost 4 years and it pretty much feels like we're married already but we have friends that have gone down the "rush into marraige and kids" road, and some of them aren't turning out so well, calling off engagements, breaking up after the child is born, etc.. its sad and I dont' want that to happen to me!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So... here's the story of how Jer and I met:

Rimbey has a lovely little hotel named "The Grand" that even looks dirty with the lights off. We met on a fateful Sunday night as a friend and I gathered for a farewell drink before she moved home to Quebec. My handsome future husband rolled in the door with a few of his 4x4 friends, ordered a round and sat down in a booth under the window. He was covered in mud, had a huge 12 year-old grin, and mostly ch!t-faced. Not many minutes later he was fast asleep... Turns out, he managed to wake up long enough to ask around about me, and even invited me to go dirtbiking the next day.

We never really talked much during our biking adventure as he was painfully shy. He kept headbutting me with his helmet and I was quite puzzled; I found out later that he was trying to kiss me. We arranged another date, but my horse went into labor and I cancelled on him. He figured I ditched him. A couple hours later, I phoned back to see if he still wanted to go- I figured the horse could take forever to foal, and he may not be around if I didnt get my arse in gear.

Less than a year later, we got engaged in Banff. I had always wanted to get engaged on a ski hill, but it was such a beautiful day that I wouldn't stop skiing and sit down when he asked. (Obviously, I had no clue what he was up to!) I just kept yelling behind me, "We can sit on the chairlift!" and skiing away. He was way too nervous to pull out a ring on the chairlift in case he dropped it. So, that night when I ordered dinner at the Keg, a lovely diamond ring arrived in my Billy Miner Pie. I laughed hysterically until my cheeks hurt and he thought I was gonna say no! I finally managed the word yes... I can honestly say that was the only time I have been speechless and the only time I have never eaten dessert!

Now we are in year 8 together, have 3 little girls...

Attachments

• 125.jpg
    125.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 115.jpg
    115.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 144.jpg
    144.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4116.jpg
    IMG_4116.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 59

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I actually have a story that started on this site lol

I reached my vip memeber and decided that since I had reached that I would start to chat in bigfoots chat box well one thing turned into another and crazy_wheeler telling honda that I was single liked romantic walks on the beach, watching comedy romance movies and something else girly. I replied back that I did not like walked on the beach would rather be quading along the river, hate romance movies (too mushy) would rather watch a horror/action flick any day (I was the chick who watched the rambo remake in the theaters on valentines day....man did I get weird looks at the theatre). Honda made me laugh so he gave me his number via pm on here I sent him mine. After work I got a text and he was amazed that I didnt give him a fake number.

Not much longer after that I went to go met him up in Edmonton and we walked around west edmonton mall for about 4 hours talking about anything and everything then after getting thirsty we decided to grab a couple beers and keep chatting away. About 2 hours later we finally had to say good bye
(2 bday parties that night) and like a gentlemen he walked me to my car, said good night and gave me a good night kiss. Then texted me about an hour later to see if I made it home alright

Maybe we need an S&M singles thread... :d

That is such an awesome story!!

powdergirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also have to thank Snow and Mud cuz if my dad didnt sign up on here then i wouldnt have and i wouldnt have meet Tyler aka (TylerG) weve been dating for 6 months now and everything is going great.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I also have to thank Snow and Mud cuz if my dad didnt sign up on here then i wouldnt have and i wouldnt have meet Tyler aka (TylerG) weve been dating for 6 months now and everything is going great.

Tyler is like me....relyes on poor judgement and low standards.....

You go girl......:d

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tyler is like me....relyes on poor judgement and low standards.....

You go girl......:d

Haha boy is that ever the truth, for me i thought it was low selfastem and poor eyesight

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow everyone has great stories.
We meet through a friend on the fire department,started dating. I had one girl and she had 2 girls.
Kids got along and so did we.After about a year we got engaged.
Been together ever since,engaged for 9 years now(We call it a road test)
No time to get married with kids,camping and quadding to do.
We are loving life.
In the picture I have the best hair and only the dog listens to me..

Attachments

• 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 55

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow everyone has great stories.
We meet through a friend on the fire department,started dating. I had one girl and she had 2 girls.
Kids got along and so did we.After about a year we got engaged.
Been together ever since,engaged for 9 years now(We call it a road test)
No time to get married with kids,camping and quadding to do.
We are loving life.
In the picture I have the best hair and only the dog listens to me..

Beautiful Family... and yes, your hair is the best ;)

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My parents were dating for 6 months, then married in 6 months.. Now they have been married like 21 years or something crazy long? I guess they knew what they wanted.

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Almost 12 years ago I was sleeping with Satan disguised as a red head.
Didn't pull out quick enough and got caught........ she picked out a ring...I gave it to her in an ice cream sunday, she almost choked on it, but luck was not on my side that day. 5 years later I had lost the will to live and figured whats one more kid with lucifer................

Came to my senses moved out then things got good...............

Was working shutdowns = no life, Plio sets me up on lavalife I start to live again... Dated a bunch of freaks and wierdos livin the bachlor life with plio....then met arlene on lavalife.... went to her house for dinner never left....fought for custody of my kids...won. Sold the house in the city bought the Acreage...

On our 1 yr anniversary I took her to dinner where we had our first date, before hand I bought her a hardcover copy of "Lord of the Rings" went to home depot borrowed a utility knife and cut a slot in the pages so the ring was inset into the pages and wrote my proposal on the inside cover so when she opened the book there was the proposal and the ring........

SHE SAID YES.....................theres a sucker born everyday

Bogger I'm crying like a baby...that's a great story!.
I proposed at the campsite with a small 'red-devil' hook attatched to a ring and we've been together ever since...she probably thought I was sensitive because I took the barbs off and thats' what sold her!:cool:

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So... here's the story of how Jer and I met:

Rimbey has a lovely little hotel named "The Grand" that even looks dirty with the lights off. We met on a fateful Sunday night as a friend and I gathered for a farewell drink before she moved home to Quebec. My handsome future husband rolled in the door with a few of his 4x4 friends, ordered a round and sat down in a booth under the window. He was covered in mud, had a huge 12 year-old grin, and mostly ch!t-faced. Not many minutes later he was fast asleep... Turns out, he managed to wake up long enough to ask around about me, and even invited me to go dirtbiking the next day.

We never really talked much during our biking adventure as he was painfully shy. He kept headbutting me with his helmet and I was quite puzzled; I found out later that he was trying to kiss me. We arranged another date, but my horse went into labor and I cancelled on him. He figured I ditched him. A couple hours later, I phoned back to see if he still wanted to go- I figured the horse could take forever to foal, and he may not be around if I didnt get my arse in gear.

Less than a year later, we got engaged in Banff. I had always wanted to get engaged on a ski hill, but it was such a beautiful day that I wouldn't stop skiing and sit down when he asked. (Obviously, I had no clue what he was up to!) I just kept yelling behind me, "We can sit on the chairlift!" and skiing away. He was way too nervous to pull out a ring on the chairlift in case he dropped it. So, that night when I ordered dinner at the Keg, a lovely diamond ring arrived in my Billy Miner Pie. I laughed hysterically until my cheeks hurt and he thought I was gonna say no! I finally managed the word yes... I can honestly say that was the only time I have been speechless and the only time I have never eaten dessert!

Now we are in year 8 together, have 3 little girls...

Are you guys originally from the Rimbey area? I grew up on a farm near Rimbey, what a town eh? lol

Top Bottom