First date, engagement, etc. stories!!!

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I LOVE these stories!! Who has stories on how you met your partner or how they proposed to you???

I met Cale aka. PistonBroke at a tractor pull in Strathmore. I was there to race in the sled drags for the exhibition show and he was there volunteering (driving tractors and stuff). I chatted him up and by the end of the weekend he had my number... lol

Cale proposed to me while sledding in Revy. He packed a bottle of champane and some plastic glasses and at the very end of Frisby Ridge he took out a ring and proposed to me. It was awesome... Powder Puff was there as a witness to make sure he couldn't take it back ;)

Ok.... your turn... go! :d

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, it's no wonder I have been spending way too much time on here since "honey's" was introduced... LOL

Well, me and Boyd met when I was working in construction at the Petro Canada Edmonton refinery, over 4 years ago when I was 18! He was a journeyman pipefitter at the time and is 5 years older than me. I think I fell for him around the time I was stuck working in a scaffold field office entering reqs, and he was at the time working in the piping office filling out the reqs and handing them to me.. he always tried his best but I never paid any attention to him, until the time I complained about the crappy office chair I had.. 2 mins after he left he came in with a nice brand new office chair (which he stole from one of the site superintendents). He did all sorts of other cute things like bring me candy, leave love notes on my car, etc .. HA and my bf at the time was NOT happy about it.. but, I ended up leaving him for Boyd! We have been happily together and living together for almost 4 years now! No proposals yet, lol but I imagine he will do it in a similar way... when we are dirtbiking! LOL!

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Picked up a 17 year old 'boy toy' when I was 21...that was over 20 years ago!!! :d

That's romantic isn't it ??? LOL

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Nice stories, ladies..... Almost brought a tear to my old eyes...... A friend of ours(a real lumberjack guy) melted and got married with sleds....when he got married they had their wedding pics taken on sleds in the middle of winter in golden...... Just before the small ceremony they all went sledding up behind the b&b, and had a great time...... I thought that was kool too! Sledbunnyracing has pics of this, i'm sure, and hope he'll post the pics...........you might recognize his brother, rene st.onge from eagle valley lodge just outside sicamous......

BlackBetty81

Reaction score
I met samsquatch47 aka Dustin, about 4 years ago.
We both shared a motor sports and LOVE snowmobiling and sport quadding.
We drove down to Glamis, CA for our honeymoon to ride the dunes. It was the most amazing honeymoon ever.
The two of us, shacked up in a tent trailer for a week riding the dunes!!!!! It was so romantic!!!!:p

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Almost 12 years ago I was sleeping with Satan disguised as a red head.
Didn't pull out quick enough and got caught........ she picked out a ring...I gave it to her in an ice cream sunday, she almost choked on it, but luck was not on my side that day. 5 years later I had lost the will to live and figured whats one more kid with lucifer................

Came to my senses moved out then things got good...............

Was working shutdowns = no life, Plio sets me up on lavalife I start to live again... Dated a bunch of freaks and wierdos livin the bachlor life with plio....then met arlene on lavalife.... went to her house for dinner never left....fought for custody of my kids...won. Sold the house in the city bought the Acreage...

On our 1 yr anniversary I took her to dinner where we had our first date, before hand I bought her a hardcover copy of "Lord of the Rings" went to home depot borrowed a utility knife and cut a slot in the pages so the ring was inset into the pages and wrote my proposal on the inside cover so when she opened the book there was the proposal and the ring........

SHE SAID YES.....................theres a sucker born everyday

Last edited:

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brad and I met almost 3 years ago! Was the sickening love at first site! lol I was working the Grande Prairie Stompede Rodeo and he came to party with us for the weekend and on sunday afternoon he gave me the first 5digits of his phone number and said if it was meant to be Id find him! I found him at number 81!!! We have been inseperable since! Waiting for the dream sledding proposal!! lol

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats freaky bogger. i did kinda the same thing, the whole hookin up and never leavin part that is. oh yeah and havin a kid with the devil in disguise. met wife aka snow girl through my roomate. he kept braggin they were seeing each other. i never saw proof. called her up one night she came over and met the boy, went to her house after watching a movie and we have lived together ever since. 11 yrs now in feb. roomate was going to ask her out on valentines day and i beat him by a week. he asked me to leave about 10 min. after finding out about us,some people hey no sense of humor. any how we have been married for 8 yrs now and have never had a fight. note wife is not the devil in disguise that was a previous relationship......kinda.

Smiley

Reaction score
Wedding photo's Feb 28 2009 580.jpg

Wedding photo's Feb 28 2009 649.jpg

Wedding photo's Feb 28 2009 590.jpg

Aww my wedding the only thing missing was the mountains!!!!

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Outstanding Wedding pics smiley! That is truly classic, it looks perfect in my eyes.

I'll try to keep the threads going in Sledpiggy's absence :d.....she says to me "keep an eye on the joint for me - I'm off on vacation!"

-Pistonbroke

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Almost 12 years ago I was sleeping with Satan disguised as a red head.
QUOTE]

Truly a romantic story ?!? Glad all is well that ends well... sorry on behalf of all red-heads that you got Satan the first time around. Not all us 'gingers' are so bad...

country_shorty88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I actually have a story that started on this site lol

I reached my vip memeber and decided that since I had reached that I would start to chat in bigfoots chat box well one thing turned into another and crazy_wheeler telling honda that I was single liked romantic walks on the beach, watching comedy romance movies and something else girly. I replied back that I did not like walked on the beach would rather be quading along the river, hate romance movies (too mushy) would rather watch a horror/action flick any day (I was the chick who watched the rambo remake in the theaters on valentines day....man did I get weird looks at the theatre). Honda made me laugh so he gave me his number via pm on here I sent him mine. After work I got a text and he was amazed that I didnt give him a fake number.

Not much longer after that I went to go met him up in Edmonton and we walked around west edmonton mall for about 4 hours talking about anything and everything then after getting thirsty we decided to grab a couple beers and keep chatting away. About 2 hours later we finally had to say good bye
(2 bday parties that night) and like a gentlemen he walked me to my car, said good night and gave me a good night kiss. Then texted me about an hour later to see if I made it home alright

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I actually have a story that started on this site lol

I reached my vip memeber and decided that since I had reached that I would start to chat in bigfoots chat box well one thing turned into another and crazy_wheeler telling honda that I was single liked romantic walks on the beach, watching comedy romance movies and something else girly. I replied back that I did not like walked on the beach would rather be quading along the river, hate romance movies (too mushy) would rather watch a horror/action flick any day (I was the chick who watched the rambo remake in the theaters on valentines day....man did I get weird looks at the theatre). Honda made me laugh so he gave me his number via pm on here I sent him mine. After work I got a text and he was amazed that I didnt give him a fake number.

Not much longer after that I went to go met him up in Edmonton and we walked around west edmonton mall for about 4 hours talking about anything and everything then after getting thirsty we decided to grab a couple beers and keep chatting away. About 2 hours later we finally had to say good bye
(2 bday parties that night) and like a gentlemen he walked me to my car, said good night and gave me a good night kiss. Then texted me about an hour later to see if I made it home alright

By the way we are still dating and havent had a bad day since we were single.....lol CS is one amazing gal and im glad i met her here THX S & M

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey.. I noticed we got some real sweet wedding photos etc of some happy couples... lets see some more! (don't have to be wedding pictures). I'll get one up as soon as I can :)

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey.. I noticed we got some real sweet wedding photos etc of some happy couples... lets see some more! (don't have to be wedding pictures). I'll get one up as soon as I can :)

Yes, lets seem 'em! I am a photographer, and I love looking at other people's pics... Post AWAY!

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's one of me and my better half:d I grew up near Longview, SW of Calgary. My dad has a ranch on the back side of Longview hill, so I took her up there with the ring box stuck inside my cowboy boots....ankle was sore after that. Once we reached the top she was amazed at the view from there, that's when I pulled the ring out and asked her to Marry me!:d It has now been 11 years of marriage and hope for many more.

Attachments

• HPIM0290.jpg
    HPIM0290.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 50

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's one of me and my better half (Boyd).. at my company's x-mas party a few weeks ago.. I got a couple more below as well but didn't fit..

Attachments

• random 001.jpg
    random 001.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 53
Top Bottom