Animal Stories....

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have another Golden that I got from the pound, he was scheduled to be euthanized after bieng picked up by the dogcatcher. they only keep them at the pound for 3 days, then put them down. he was 6 or 8 months old when I got him, right at that gangly, clumsy, chew-everything-in-sight stage....lol. he calmed down after a year or so, turned into a fantastic farm dog. never been tied up (except for once, after digging up Lori's flower beds :eek:) and never roams away from the yard except for the odd 'yote chasing adventure.

here he is, cooling off in the firepit....I called him Kelso. quite the hound, always looks at me with his big brown eyes as if to say "thank you"....he's my buddy.

pictures2894Small.jpg

oct22sewerfix001Medium.jpg

good looking dog

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is DORA , not quite a year old . last week she got out of the house at 10 pm and we did not find her again till 3 pm the next day . we could hear her meowing . but could not fugure out where it came from ??? till the dog looked up and started growling.. FORTIS got her down in a man basket.... there was a crow attacking her as well..... could of been up there a possible 17 hrs . a lineman for the county she isn't:d:d i'd say she still has 8 lives left . unless i get a BILL in the mail:eek:

Attachments

• Doooooora..jpg
    Doooooora..jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 115

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good looking dog
thanks polarice! like I said, he is my buddy and where I go, he goes. I didn't get him fixed so he would keep that dominant trait to other dogs and critters that come around, if dogs are friendly he hangs with them no problem. if they show any dominant aggression, it's on like donkey kong.

he surprised me when he was just over a year old, he fetched a beaver that I shot out back in the swamp. so I figured I would try him with a grouse....I shot it, he fetched it and brought it to my feet. dropped it, looked up at me, and then proceeded to eat it! feathers, beak, feet, everything! there wasn't a morsel left when he was done. crazy mutt

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is DORA , not quite a year old . last week she got out of the house at 10 pm and we did not find her again till 3 pm the next day . we could hear her meowing . but could not fugure out where it came from ??? till the dog looked up and started growling.. FORTIS got her down in a man basket.... there was a crow attacking her as well..... could of been up there a possible 17 hrs . a lineman for the county she isn't:d:d i'd say she still has 8 lives left . unless i get a BILL in the mail:eek:

Dora must have been pretty hungry by the time they got her down....hopefully she won't do it again the next time she escapes.....

sumsupport

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Sumsupport.....sorry to hear about the 2 year old....

Teeroy....you bet dog stories, horse stories....needed to hear some good animal stories...

Sumsupport .......not all good stories have happy endings...

thanks for sharing .....any more birds, even cats LOL

The ending was sad, but what an amazing postscript. I let the breeder know what had happened with my gelding, and she got a hold of me a few days later, with an offer to sell me either of his full sisters that they still have, for a hugely discounted price. They absolutely didn't have to make any such offer, and I was very touched that they did. Not sure if I will take them up on it just yet, but if anyone is ever looking for a Tennessee Walking Horse, know that magnoliameadows.ca is a very upstanding, honest and caring breeder.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sumsupport....There are alot of good people in this world yet, it's just the media choose to spend more time on all the negitive stuff because thats what they think everyone whats to hear or see.

Good luck either way....I've got some friends that ride walkers and they are a great breed...weve wound up with saddle breds and are in the middle of breeding our mare back to my geldings dad....my saddle bred is 10 this year and would like a younger version of him as a stallion.

Attachments

• IMGP7005C.jpg
    IMGP7005C.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMGP3870 C.jpg
    IMGP3870 C.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 77

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RIP Olie

pictures1742Custom.jpg

It is with heavy heart and teary eyes that I say good bye to my old friend Olie, he passed away this morning unexpectedly.

Rest In Peace big fella, until we meet again.....:(
pictures1124Medium.jpg

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: RIP Olie

pictures1742Custom.jpg

It is with heavy heart and teary eyes that I say good bye to my old friend Olie, he passed away this morning unexpectedly.

Rest In Peace big fella, until we meet again.....:(
pictures1124Medium.jpg

Wow....sorry to here that man

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear for your loss ...

Always hard to lose your bestfriend. My thoughts are with you teeroy.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
thank you. he was old and tired, but was still eating and doing his buisness outside. Lori said he had a coughing fit after I had left for work this morning, and had a hard time catching his breath afterwards. she held his head until he relaxed but his breathing was laboured and he passed soon after. shitty phone call to get hours away from home.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
This is not my first dog, but he is my first inside dog. No real story hear,hubby said one day that he wouldn't mind a small house dog, before he finished talking i was on kijiji and after a few weeks of searching found this little santa. His name is Freeway.

Attachments

• Santa suit on Freeway (640x543).jpg
    Santa suit on Freeway (640x543).jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Santa dog does a trick.jpg
    Santa dog does a trick.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 67

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is not my first dog, but he is my first inside dog. No real story hear,hubby said one day that he wouldn't mind a small house dog, before he finished talking i was on kijiji and after a few weeks of searching found this little santa. His name is Freeway.

well ya know your old when you recognize dogs names from the 80's tv shows

Top Bottom