Fire Hazard

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fire ban county of red deer, and no atv's allowed south of bighorn dam,

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lock your chit up....the natives are restless. 3 quads and one side by side gone in the last week out there in 2 different thefts.
Got the Denver boot, Locking tail gate, Security Lighting, fishline screamer and 5 useless guard dogs. Should be good. Been burned before, like the area but hate the local crows that steal anything no nailed down.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fire ban on in Strathcona County already. Surprise surprise. They said they like to put them on before the weekends so people can't have fires on weekends. Dracona County.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Fire ban on in Strathcona County already. Surprise surprise. They said they like to put them on before the weekends so people can't have fires on weekends. Dracona County.

current overview from www.albertafirebans.ca

PrtScr capture_2.jpg

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope not true, where we were they lifted the ban sat morning after it rained friday (snow up a lil higher from camp) woke up had breakfast and was just about to leave on the quads when we heard theban was lifted over the radio

If I remember correctly last year it was province wide EXCEPT for actual campgrounds with proper fire pits. I agree its convenient, but can't argue with the government......

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lock your chit up....the natives are restless. 3 quads and one side by side gone in the last week out there in 2 different thefts.

I work for Jim. He said that was the fifth time in 8 years he's been robbed and the first time the cops even came to see. Sorry to be off topic. Back to fire bans...

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
On the radio today they had a alert about a couple of forest fires. |Nordegg and Lodgepole we evacuated. Lets be extra carefull people with everything we do.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we drove by the Lodgepole fire yesterday, it was quite large at 4:30. Earlier, while at the spillway at Brazeau Reservoir, we came across a fire that had been left by a white hat cocked sideways idiot in a Toyota FJ Cruiser, black with a white roof. When confronted, the piece of useless sperm just shrugged his shoulders and drove away. The fire was not six feet away from the water, the white gas tin that they started the fire with was left in the fire and it was starting to get windy. I don't believe it would have taken much to blow some of the embers into the bush some 20 feet away. We all love to have fires but come on, use some common sense. We all have the same mantra, if you bring it in, take it out. If you light it, put it out. It would be sad to see the Brazeau go up because of an immature little waste of skin. Oh and if you know this guy, kick his ass, please, just to get the point across!

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we drove by the Lodgepole fire yesterday, it was quite large at 4:30. Earlier, while at the spillway at Brazeau Reservoir, we came across a fire that had been left by a white hat cocked sideways idiot in a Toyota FJ Cruiser, black with a white roof. When confronted, the piece of useless sperm just shrugged his shoulders and drove away. The fire was not six feet away from the water, the white gas tin that they started the fire with was left in the fire and it was starting to get windy. I don't believe it would have taken much to blow some of the embers into the bush some 20 feet away. We all love to have fires but come on, use some common sense. We all have the same mantra, if you bring it in, take it out. If you light it, put it out. It would be sad to see the Brazeau go up because of an immature little waste of skin. Oh and if you know this guy, kick his ass, please, just to get the point across!

I will be keeping my eyes open for this dumb fawk and deliver said beating if seen. :mad:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
conditions are extremely dry, u are responsible for the fire you start, put it out when yer done doing what yer doing, sparks can and will blow a long way, if by chance it gets started even arrf won't be able to put it out, i'm not doing any fires this weekend, we need some rain. bad

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's very dry. Be careful...

Top Bottom