Fire Hazard

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
count on it. just like the last 2 years. last year it rained up here for the entire weekend, ban lifted on Tuesday. how convenient. this is the first year we booked into an actual OHV friendly campsite for may long, we will have a fire....

If I remember correctly last year it was province wide EXCEPT for actual campgrounds with proper fire pits. I agree its convenient, but can't argue with the government......

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly last year it was province wide EXCEPT for actual campgrounds with proper fire pits. I agree its convenient, but can't argue with the government......
exactly, the private campsite across the road from where we usually camp could have fires but we couldn't. even tho our firepit was better than the ones in their site. I just talked to the lady running the resort we booked into and apparently they have changed some rules about fires in campgrounds during a ban, she requires a special permission now as do all private campgrounds regarding fires. all gov't campgrounds are exempt

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take an empty plastic bottle with a pull open / push close top and fill it with baking soda. Put in quad box for fire extinguisher and save your drinks for drinking. Keep shaking the bottle so the baking soda stays loose just in case you need to use it.

Then you shake it and squeeze the baking soda out?? or do pop the cap off and dump it on the fire?? how well does it work??

Cool idea!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Sounds like a "don't try this at home" type experiment.
Then you shake it and squeeze the baking soda out?? or do pop the cap off and dump it on the fire?? how well does it work??

Cool idea!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
you add vinigar, shake it up and throw it at the fire....

Cool idea!

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if they would change the rules on propane camp fires last year it was illegal to use them or patio heaters during the bans
at least we had the wall tent and had the stove with a spark arrester so we could have a legal fire ( not near as good as a camp fire but toasty warm )

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if they would change the rules on propane camp fires last year it was illegal to use them or patio heaters during the bans
at least we had the wall tent and had the stove with a spark arrester so we could have a legal fire ( not near as good as a camp fire but toasty warm )
last year a buddy had one of those propane patio firepit things and the SRD guy didn't say anything about it being illegal to use during a fire ban...?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no fire bans for clearwater county yet, but just about everywhere else. looks like Dave B, may need to tune in the yule log channel and plug in the fan heater.

oh and i'm havin a fire when i camp.

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no fire bans for clearwater county yet, but just about everywhere else. looks like Dave B, may need to tune in the yule log channel and plug in the fan heater.

oh and i'm havin a fire when i camp.
I'm goin out tomorrow...Pecos is there now...skippin the May-long $h!tshow

Last edited:

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading out to Brazeau this weekend to as DaveB said "skipping the May-long S&itshow!. No bans yet for the reservoir area, yet.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes in the documentation on the ban it included propane fire pits. For the last 8 months I have been e mailing and sending pictures of propane fire pits and why they should be allowed. As I posted before I am waiting for the final report.

manonfire

Reaction score
They allow propane fire piss in BC. When there its a fire ban. Makes no reason why they couldn't in Alberta

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They allow propane fire piss in BC. When there its a fire ban. Makes no reason why they couldn't in Alberta

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

Correct. That is one of the items I have been discussing. Makes no sense.

Sent from my iPhone 5

Top Bottom