Fire Hazard

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Was out riding today and seen that the grass is dry as it can ever be. These hot days have really dried out the bush people. As riders in the bush we all need to be more careful with fire season already started in Alberta. Riders please watch your exhaust for hot mud, grass and muskeg. Seen it a couple of times where is gets so hot it starts to smoke. If this falls off your quad it could start a fire in the dry grass. If you smell something on your quad or a friends stop and look around the exhaust. Lets try to get thru this fire season with no fires blamed on ATVs for starting them. We are easy targets for blame so lets try our best to be proactive and check for hot spots on our exhaust. Thanks

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
...and sometimes the embers catch your machine on fire before they fall off. Terrible way to end the ride.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very good advise...

Thanks..

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Another suggestion folks, carry a small fire extinguisher on your machines with you. Never know when it could come in handy......

backseatrider

Reaction score
Take an empty plastic bottle with a pull open / push close top and fill it with baking soda. Put in quad box for fire extinguisher and save your drinks for drinking. Keep shaking the bottle so the baking soda stays loose just in case you need to use it.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, more fire bans in the south as of today, lets hope we get some rain before May Long! Camping isnt quite the same without a fire :(

I expect to hear of a province wide fire ban being instated probably by Tuesday Night at the latest.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am stilling working on the propane fire pit use for 2013.

A Wildlife Prevention Officer I have been dealing with called me last Friday. The items included in a fire restriction and types of fires (propane pits, charcoal etc) has been discussed over the winter.
I am waiting to be e mailed the results and fire restriction information.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Another suggestion folks, carry a small fire extinguisher on your machines with you. Never know when it could come in handy......

That's a good idea. I think I will pick up a couple this weekend
Worse comes to worse I can use it to cool off ARFF haha

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I expect to hear of a province wide fire ban being instated probably by Tuesday Night at the latest.
count on it. just like the last 2 years. last year it rained up here for the entire weekend, ban lifted on Tuesday. how convenient. this is the first year we booked into an actual OHV friendly campsite for may long, we will have a fire....

Top Bottom