Fernie Snowmobile Association grooming......

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The FSA is starting to groom in Fernie. Due to continued logging, the grooming program will not be in full swing. Coal Creek is still in active logging mode until further notice and there will be no grooming on the Coal Creek trail until the logging is finished. On an active logging road, it is illegal to ride a snowmobile in BC. Morrissey is the staging area to use. FSA grooming is starting tomorrow, December 23, 2015 and will be from the Morrissey parking lot to the Wrangler’s cabin, through the Doug Dean trail to the Rolling Hills cabin, around the Coal Summit and down to Morrissey. It is important not to infringe on FWA’s operations (Fernie Wilderness Adventures), so access to the FWA driveway cannot be blocked and parking needs to be before their property. Park in designated parking lot only, no parking on roadway between parking lot and FWA driveway, do not drive beyond FWA driveway as it is Private Land.

The FSA is doing the initial grooming (setting the trail width and filling in the creeks) at club expense. No charge will be passed on to riders until the trail is in good shape. If you would like to contribute, FSA memberships are available at Ghostrider Motorsports in Fernie.

Enjoy Fernie and the attributes of the Fernie Snowmobile Association. The base is great and conditions are pretty darn good. Still lots of untracked snow out there.

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there is a place to purchase membership in fernie or does one have to mail form away. Heading down there in a couple days. Thanks

jbacklun

Reaction score
Would like to know the same thing. My brother-in-law and I are coming first week of January and February as well and would like to just get a pass if possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
There are daily trail passes at $20.00 for each day. Also, a club membership for $80.00 and no daily trail pass is required for members.

The daily trail passes are sold at the trail head and memberships can be purchased as stated above.

chris79

Reaction score
Will be buying a membership as always to support the club. They do a great job and $80 is a steal.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to pay electronically online and receive the membership right away or do I have to mail it in?

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Can I buy a pass at the trail head?

If the vendors are out collecting the daily pass, yes you can. They are supposed to have membership books with them.

Is there a way to pay electronically online and receive the membership right away or do I have to mail it in?

If you go to the links listed above (BCSF or the FSA membership page), yes, you can. Just be sure to print the receipt.

Crude

Reaction score
Tried the website link posted above looking for directions to the trail head parking lot.
Dident work. Wondering where I could find directions?
Riding around Blairmore, not much snow. Enough, but nothing great, scared to go off the trails.
Would like to take the Family somewhere with lots of snow, but nothing to challenging or with high Avalanch conditions. I'm the only one with my AST.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Tried the website link posted above looking for directions to the trail head parking lot.
Dident work. Wondering where I could find directions?
Riding around Blairmore, not much snow. Enough, but nothing great, scared to go off the trails.
Would like to take the Family somewhere with lots of snow, but nothing to challenging or with high Avalanch conditions. I'm the only one with my AST.

With the logging in the major sledding area still going on, the Coal Creek trail may not be the best bet. You can drive 16 km south of Fernie on Highway #3 and turn left (this is the Morrissey staging area). Turn right after the bridge and follow the road to FWA (a left turn further down the road and don't take the right hand turn to the LodgePole road). There is a parking lot there.

I have attached a map for the Coal Creek staging area. If the road is freshly plowed, do not use it as it is against the law to drive a snowmobile on an active logging road. If it isn't plowed, the loggers may just be done and you will be good to go. The trial to the first cabin will be rough. Very little or next to none in the immediate area of the two cabins. There are some areas to be aware of but you will notice and be cautious I am sure. Good luck.

Coal Creek to Wayne's map.jpg

chris79

Reaction score
Hey Doug, do you know if they are logging on the lodgepole? Thinking of checking out Harvey. Thanks

Top Bottom