Elk Valley Snowmobile Club VS Fernie Snowmobile Association

Jvl

Reaction score
Ya know what John, your a **** rat.
Seems you have been from the start. Weren't you crying about something like this from a year or two ago?

If you don't have the means to understand that two clubs fighting over revenue is a bigger problem then conditions, then your not worth my time to try and explain it to over the internet.
I would sit down face to face though over a beer, that might be more effective.

I will add though, that much of your concern before seemed to come from not seeing the books of the club, and seeming to be jealous over having $40g in the bank. Well, maybe the new club will see just why you need to have some bank, and that alll that money doesn't go that far. Unless of course all your doing is buying some hot dogs.

It's too bad that growin men are this ****ing childish.

The hole thing that I was asking for was to buy a seasons pass with out being a member because I didnt like what the club was doing. All stuff about money in the bank was to bring to light to the people on here that we're brainwashed by the fsa. Now say that I know that the fsa has done some good. And some people put in very hard work. But they don't always listen to things away from there narrow mindedness with coal creek. Going to the meeting used to be just a place to pat eachother on the back. So this is a good place to get my concerns out I guess. It seems that this is a fsa site so since I have to pay to be a member to ride coal creek I put a few comments out there.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
So let me get this straight. You don't want to pay or be a member of a club but want to ride groomed trails. You think it is a good thing that the EVSC took over Morrissey which was groomed and in good shape last year and let it go for $hit this year. You think that the FSA should groom all of the areas they have control over even though they don't charge for those areas and don't promote them so the locals and long time area supports can keep their honey holes.

When we add up the few comments you put out there they don't make much sense.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The hole thing that I was asking for was to buy a seasons pass with out being a member because I didnt like what the club was doing.

No, the whole thing started with you being a **** rat, and a really stupid one at that. You have proven it with your statements.

IF your so concerned with paying your way, then pay the person at the trail head when they are there. And for all the times your not asked to pay, just make a donation to the club. It's that easy.

The only place most ride is Coal Creek, and even then the herd never seems to stray very far from the beaten path. If you guys are so pissed off at the red and green plates, then why do you want to draw attention to other places??

Or, you could not go to the meetings. I don't. I would if I lived closer mind you.

You say they didn't listen to you at the meetings. I'm betting there is a very good reason for that.

Jvl

Reaction score
So let me get this straight. You don't want to pay or be a member of a club but want to ride groomed trails. You think it is a good thing that the EVSC took over Morrissey which was groomed and in good shape last year and let it go for $hit this year. You think that the FSA should groom all of the areas they have control over even though they don't charge for those areas and don't promote them so the locals and long time area supports can keep their honey holes.

When we add up the few comments you put out there they don't make much sense.

No I wanted to pay to use the trail for the year but did not want to be a member and people had a sh.. And couldn't believe someone didn't want to be a member. So I said a few thing that the club did wrong and they lost it. The post was where do you get a pass i think

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
Then pay the 15 bucks when you ride. But that adds up to more than a membership which includes the trail pass so you decided to whine and moan that you wanted to use the trail system of a club you do not support for as cheap as possible. Go stage at the tin shack or yellow gates then if you don't want to pay.

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to see the 2 clubs join and for some of the guys that want to see other things happen then what the club is currently doing get involved.
If there is enough like minded members they will have a strong enough vote to make things happen... What it all comes down to is not what any individual rider wants or any business, but what will make most riders happy and what will bring in the most revenue for the club... For example I didn't like the location of the rolling hills cabin personally because there was a lot off riding around there that nobody touched, but its not about me and that cabin is in the best place for the average riders. I think it is the same with being members of FSA... they may do things you don't like but having more members gives the club a stronger voice and that will be better for all the riders, this in turn will give us the strength to keep areas open and develop new areas or streamline areas to get the bulk of the riders out there so some of the secret spots stay that way.

The truth is some of these guys that didn't like what FSA was doing and there concerns were not incorporated into the planning, are very knowledgeable an valuable to snowmobiling in Fernie. The problem ends up being how can we have there voice heard.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like it's as simple as some people just won't accept democratic decisions. Every club has had some of those people at one time or another. If that's the problem, then in the end they're just not worth wasting time on.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys should think outside the box. I propose we gather up all the people that don't like what either club is doing and form a 3rd club. There will be people in each club that don't get along so they'll start a 4th club and we'll keep going like this until we have about 12 clubs, then we can slowly amalgamate them all into 1 club and hyphenate the name!

It won't accomplish anything but everyone will get recognized and it will keep people busy doing busy work changing the name on the signs and cabin and groomers etc, they'll be so busy with the busy work they won't have time to fight about it. I mean besides, it would give us more leverage in land negotiations or whatever! Would you want to try and stop a club with a name like "The East Kootenay - Elk Valley - North Fernie Snowmobiling Grooming Maintenance and South Hosmer - Trail Maintaining Sledding Society of Lower Coal Creek - Koko Claims Cabin Cruisers Association?"

Holy fawk I'm smart!

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys should think outside the box. I propose we gather up all the people that don't like what either club is doing and form a 3rd club. There will be people in each club that don't get along so they'll start a 4th club and we'll keep going like this until we have about 12 clubs, then we can slowly amalgamate them all into 1 club and hyphenate the name!

It won't accomplish anything but everyone will get recognized and it will keep people busy doing busy work changing the name on the signs and cabin and groomers etc, they'll be so busy with the busy work they won't have time to fight about it. I mean besides, it would give us more leverage in land negotiations or whatever! Would you want to try and stop a club with a name like "The East Kootenay - Elk Valley - North Fernie Snowmobiling Grooming Maintenance and South Hosmer - Trail Maintaining Sledding Society of Lower Coal Creek - Koko Claims Cabin Cruisers Association?"

Holy fawk I'm smart!

can we start arguing about the name yet? cause I think lower coal creek should be first....:cool::beer:

Last edited:

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For example I didn't like the location of the rolling hills cabin personally because there was a lot off riding around there that nobody touched, ---snip--- there so some of the secret spots stay that way.

The new cabin is in a great spot, I'd almost say the best to be honest. Even this year, with **** snow, people are still not venturing off into good spots. It simply amazes me how far you still don't need to go to find untouched snow.

Last edited:

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"The East Kootenay - Elk Valley - North Fernie Snowmobiling Grooming Maintenance and South Hosmer - Trail Maintaining Sledding Society of Lower Coal Creek - Koko Claims Cabin Cruisers Association?"

Holy fawk I'm smart!

You might be on to something... they say there's strength in numbers, maybe they meant number of clubs?? :)

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not poaching if fsa didn't have it. And bad condition make a huge difference. I went to the gun range on sat around 10:30 and there was a fraction of people compared to other years on Alberta day weekend at the staging area.

Yes I agree that it is a awesome spot for the new cabin but it sucks for all off us that have played in that area for years to have to deal with all the new traffic/tracks because of the new cabin... like I was saying not ideal for us that ride here nearly every day but absolutely the best place for everyone that travels to be here. I think that we all need to put what is best for us as individuals aside and think of how we can make this best for everyone. Not that this will ever happen but what if we groomed all the way out to the notch and had a third cabin then groomed the short cut back to caol creek and had a single pass on the coal creek to wranglers. To me this makes a bunch of sense to all of us because it focuses most of the traffic out to the notch and allows us that know other spots to keep them longer.... by simpaly giving better acses to spots that are easy to find...

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree that it is a awesome spot for the new cabin but it sucks for all off us that have played in that area for years to have to deal with all the new traffic/tracks because of the new cabin... like I was saying not ideal for us that ride here nearly every day but absolutely the best place for everyone that travels to be here. I think that we all need to put what is best for us as individuals aside and think of how we can make this best for everyone. Not that this will ever happen but what if we groomed all the way out to the notch and had a third cabin then groomed the short cut back to caol creek and had a single pass on the coal creek to wranglers. To me this makes a bunch of sense to all of us because it focuses most of the traffic out to the notch and allows us that know other spots to keep them longer.... by simpaly giving better acses to spots that are easy to find...

I would love it if they groomed all the way to the notch.... and not because I want to ride there....

turbodup

Reaction score
Hahah the low snow is sure making everyone pissy wow. Yes the Morrisey side did get a bit rough our sled broke down and had to wait for parts it's what pulls out drag wich worked great for the last while . It's fixed now but the trail is mainly dirt sorry too the three people that are complaining

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Hahah the low snow is sure making everyone pissy wow. Yes the Morrisey side did get a bit rough our sled broke down and had to wait for parts it's what pulls out drag wich worked great for the last while . It's fixed now but the trail is mainly dirt sorry too the three people that are complaining

Way to make your club look good with your attitude there bud. *roll eyes*

Last edited:

turbodup

Reaction score
Have u read any of the other posts you guys are complaining about nothing we can't help there is no snow PAL

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
our sled broke down and had to wait for parts it's what pulls out drag wich worked great for the last while . It's fixed now but the trail is mainly dirt sorry too the three people that are complaining

So why not hire a contractor to groom??

Oh thats right, then there wouldn't be enough donation money left to buy hot dogs....

Top Bottom