Elk Valley Snowmobile Club VS Fernie Snowmobile Association

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone care to have a civil discussion about the Elk Valley Snowmobile Club VS Fernie Snowmobile Association? I know absolutely nothing about the politics of why a second club was formed.

I have purchased a FSA membership for pretty much the last 14 years but I have not been an active participant in the FSA. I went to a few meetings back when Mike S was the president and those meetings turned into a S**t show complete with yelling and screaming…I never went back.

Anyway…I pay a measly $80 a year for a membership/trail pass and I have always thought the FSA and its volunteers did a great job. The grooming program and the new cabin has been much appreciated for when I ride close in to town and also when we are out at the non-groomed areas. I have found some of the non-groomed trails to be in much better shape than 10 years ago because of reduced traffic. A lot of people that used to ride further out, must now be riding closer to town due to the grooming…maybe it’s an illusion, but the non/groomed areas seem a lot smoother in the last few years.

Sounds like the EVSC is trying to lay claim to the Morrissey trail head, leaving Coal Creek to the FSA. The Morrissey trail is groomed most days when Fernie Wilderness Adventures comes down at the end of the Cat Skiing day…they drop the blade on the Cat and keep things pretty smooth. Is the EVSC planning on grooming the trail from the FWA tenure to the Wranglers cabin?
What made things so bad that people thought two clubs were required for the Fernie area? I always thought $80 to the FSA was money well spent.

A civil discussion would be nice…

Jvl

Reaction score
I too do not know why the new snowmobile club started either. But if I were to guess I'm guessing that some locals were feeling unheard by the old club and felt like they didnt have the numbers to make a change with the vote, like they did with mike. But only time will tell if things will get better or not. one thing is for sure that it doesn't take much traffic for coal creek to be horrible.

turbodup

Reaction score
The evsc was started by a group of guys that wanted to have a club that focused more on the club events than just grooming.I don't wanna get in to a pissing match on here,but we are trying to work with the Fsa too keep the trails in the best shape we can.we are taking claim to Morrisey trail and the wranglers cabin because we have the paper work to do so.We have been maintaining the trail from the cat ski operation to the wranglers a few times a week.We have a small budget right now and our Club sled and the drag are working well to keep the trail smooth.Our clubs trail fees are donation only and that seems to b working great so far,Thanks to those people who donated.We are not forcing any one to join our club , just hope you all have fun be safe and enjoy our back yard .

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The evsc was started by a group of guys that wanted to have a club that focused more on the club events than just grooming.I don't wanna get in to a pissing match on here,but we are trying to work with the Fsa too keep the trails in the best shape we can.we are taking claim to Morrisey trail and the wranglers cabin because we have the paper work to do so.We have been maintaining the trail from the cat ski operation to the wranglers a few times a week.We have a small budget right now and our Club sled and the drag are working well to keep the trail smooth.Our clubs trail fees are donation only and that seems to b working great so far,Thanks to those people who donated.We are not forcing any one to join our club , just hope you all have fun be safe and enjoy our back yard .

Thanks for the info..

turbodup

Reaction score
The evsc will be having a BBQ at the wranglers cabin on jan 18 to those that are interested.we will be using Morrisey trail,so if anyone is interested come up enjoy a burger or hot dog at the cabin it's our first event of the season and hope to have many more

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
I would like to see a event that does have any alcohol or other substances you shouldn't be operating a motor vehicle after using at one of these events, been by the wranglers cabin many times and always somebody under the influence and riding and yes I know who belongs to each club. That right there is why I do not support this new club.

turbodup

Reaction score
That's pretty weak you can go any where and to any cabin and see that.The evsc is going to be cooking burgers hot dogs and serving pop or water we are not selling illegal substances or booze so pls give it a rest

turbodup

Reaction score
I guess this guy posting above didn't read what this post is about civil discussion. we are not having a party we are having a BBQ for those that would like to enjoy it once again burgers hot dogs and soft drinks did u get that soft drinks hahah tough to pls some ppl

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been a member of FSA for about 18 years and will continue to be a member of that club. My son is also a member and has been for the past few years. I use the new cabin lots in the winter and even a few times during the summer and fall.

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
I am being civil clearly the no drinking idea is not going to happen, I was voicing my concerns with the new club, but I will leave it at that
Good luck

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's pretty weak you can go any where and to any cabin and see that.The evsc is going to be cooking burgers hot dogs and serving pop or water we are not selling illegal substances or booze so pls give it a rest
Not weak at all. If your organising a function and trying to get new members and if people have young kids up there, I would think you would want to set a good example?

turbodup

Reaction score
Yeah that's what we're trying to do no one said it was going to be a piss up

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So, by club events, what do you mean??
As a distant member of FSA, what does a membership to your club offer over FSA, or you guys looking for members??

turbodup

Reaction score
Our club will offer some fun events and a more relaxed environment,your opinions will matter and be heard. We Offer the same as the other club for insurance on club events,a groomed trail,and a cabin at the end of it.Our club has nothing to hide and what money we make from our events a portion will be donated to a charity and the rest will help maintain trails,cabin,and hold more events in the future. And yes we are always looking for more members and ideas

Jvl

Reaction score
Not weak at all. If your organising a function and trying to get new members and if people have young kids up there, I would think you would want to set a good example?

Im not sticking up for the new club,but come on have you ever been at the coal creek parking lot at the end of the day. It seems like so many people are hiding in there trailers drinking. I saw a guy today looking in the dumpster for beer cans. It seems to be a problem with sledders in general. Not just the new club.

turbodup

Reaction score
Thx for the actual down to earth comment,if it was as easy as telling people not to do bad stuff the world would have no problems

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
Fair enough you guys want more events, what else was the problem with FSA I'm not trying to start a fight I just wanna no. I've heard multiple rumors and other things going on so let's hear it what was the problem.
Just for your information I will not be a FSA member this year so I'm not trying nor will I attempt to defend them.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems to be a problem with sledders in general. Not just the new club.

On behalf of the majority, :nono:. A few losers does not mean in general.

A (1) beer at the end of the day is not a problem. Especially if your not driving. The guys that get loser pissed are a problem, but are DEFINITELY not a majority.

What I do have a problem with, is the guys that drink at the cabins and while riding. Most of the people doing it are likely only 1 or 2. That's fine, except when the younger or less experienced see it, it sets a terrible example. It also gives people like YOU something to talk about, and a great big brush to paint us all with.

Last edited:

CatAttack900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not sticking up for the new club,but come on have you ever been at the coal creek parking lot at the end of the day. It seems like so many people are hiding in there trailers drinking. I saw a guy today looking in the dumpster for beer cans. It seems to be a problem with sledders in general. Not just the new club.

Agreed, seen lots of empty beer cans at the the FSA cabin on Saturday.

Top Bottom