Fernie conditions 2014/15

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone stage at Morrisey this past week? Wondering if the trail up is any good.
Have a 24' enclosed trailer so can't go much further than the rock quarry place.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone stage at Morrisey this past week? Wondering if the trail up is any good.
Have a 24' enclosed trailer so can't go much further than the rock quarry place.

Wouldn't stage at Morrissey if i was you. Hasnt been good for a while and in my opinion this recent snow would not have fixed it up.

I staged at Coal Creek on Tuesday and Wednesday and, if you have a large trailer, I would recommend staging at km 39ish on Coal Creek road. First few KM after km 39 will not be that great by the weekend, but I would say the rest of the trail should still be in great shape...maybe getting a little bumpy by Saturday...it was good on Wednesday.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Wouldn't stage at Morrissey if i was you. Hasnt been good for a while and in my opinion this recent snow would not have fixed it up.

I staged at Coal Creek on Tuesday and Wednesday and, if you have a large trailer, I would recommend staging at km 39ish on Coal Creek road. First few KM after km 39 will not be that great by the weekend, but I would say the rest of the trail should still be in great shape...maybe getting a little bumpy by Saturday...it was good on Wednesday.

What FernieHawk said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Before the snow, they were getting up quite high at Morrissey and that would be no place for an enclosed, IMHO.

Due to the ice and chamber of the road, I would totally agree with Coal Creek and km 39 or anywhere you can comfortably turn around in the immediate area.

jbacklun

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to getting in at least one more ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

May just run up and check Morrisey on my way through this afternoon. Left the sleds down there so I have go right by there anyway. Will update if I do.

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snows flying up top when I just came down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sure was. If that keeps up tomorrow could be real good. Snow was heavy but super good day. Tons of untracked and don't have to look too hard.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow is heavy but deeeep. It snowed hard all afternoon. Griz can says another 20cm so far.

We found a few little open pockets that haven't seen any machines, a few stucks but tore it up good.

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just drove to our cabin on Koocanusa and it rained from Crowsnest Pass to Elko. Heaviest rain around Fernie.
Windy on Highway 22 as usual...

Praying for a little sunshine tomorrow!

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They just can't get a break... With it that warm, did rain go to seven thou again

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They just can't get a break... With it that warm, did rain go to seven thou again

Guys were saying snowing hard up top yesterday. Probably 4500+ ft level.
Fernie ski hill shows fresh snow on the Griz cam too. 3c in the valley so it won't be blower powder but it will be new...

weeksy

Reaction score
It would be worth the drive sounds like they are getting a little snow.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where was everybody stageing going tomorrow and don't know weather to go Morrissey or coal

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We staged at coal, up a bit past the normal area if you don't have a large trailer to turn around.

Hirmkin

Reaction score
We staged at marker 41 ish yesterday on coal creek road should be able to go to marker 45 with a deck

Hirmkin

Reaction score
Heavier snow on the south facing slopes.But it was nice to get out.
We're done for the year so bring on next year.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 422
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 422
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 427
Top Bottom